Exstroyer x Amplifier...Ex amp...my amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Telephone thin wires can hold more than 10 amperes

without melt the plastic cover.... the telephone wires has as a very low resistance too....but people do not use them.

To be thick..well... thick plastic cover....this will be good to avoid capacitance..the wire can run in paralel with others and the capacitor created by two pieces of metal will be very small...the dieletric plastic cover, beeing thick, will result in big distance between two near wires, inner conductor will be distant one refered to each other.... capacitance decrease with the distance..so..thick cover is a very good idea..but high gauge cable is overkill to small distances.

You see, the tradition is to use thick cables even inside the amplifier case..something alike 10 inches or less.... a few amperes only and cables able to hold 70 amperes when the power supply cannot transfer all that current to the circuit.

Overkill..and such kind of things is a tradition now a days.

Distances, dear Gaetan, as you know, inside amplifier enclosures are so small that resistances into cables are not a problem...as resistance use to be presented when the cable is very long.... resistance is measured in miliohms per meter (feet).

Those things became rules....and nobody worry about fuses.... an they can be the resistance people wants to avoid.

This is the main problem... once became a rule, people disengage the brain and go doing. the same way others do, without think about.

Yes..... 99% of our friends knows that...but 80% do not think about that...no reflection (ponder, to think about) about that.... and my texts are mainly dedicated to beginners..that 1 percent, so shy that use to read and do not post comments.... those are my main target...i had to learn by myself..i have not find people interested to teach.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• audio cable capacitances.gif
    audio cable capacitances.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 284
This is a problem...that inductance.

do you know, not exaclty, just an idea..what is the capacitance of a wire... 2 milimeters diameter, 30 feet long, and having 6 milimeters(average) distance between them.

I have not inductance meter..that bridge.... do you know something about that..can you please calculate?

Andrew T, all i want to know is how big this inductance can be compared to speaker inductance and amplifier output inductor...also, if you know the speaker coil inductance when inside the magnetic core, please, also inform.

I want to know how big this is compared to speaker inductance and amplifier output inductor.

this is some reality sample..... i do not use more than 30 feet of cable..and i think no one uses that inside home.... i am thinking that ADSL cable..having 8 wires..all them in parallel..and running into the floor... in some points i will have several centimeters distance between them...in other point they will be alike glued one each other.... i am thinking the average as the worst possible situation to couple those wires (2) one each other.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• adsl cable, as speaker cable option.gif
    adsl cable, as speaker cable option.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 261
Hi carlos,

It was a lot of fun reading this thread, You are a philosopher.

maybe a great one I don't know but surely very funny.

Have you ever read this book? By john kennedy Toole?

You made me remind it again.

with regards, Roy

Attachments

• confederacy_of_dunces_cover.jpg
    confederacy_of_dunces_cover.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 261
No... i have not read that one..but for sure shows my spirit

I see that confederation of fools everywhere..including myself.

Thank you,

regards,

Carlos

It seems that thing sounds Samuel..so..you may be rigth.... i am sending you a picture, made rigth now..from upper position to the camera..and this shows, an universal meaning or icon... that means a subordination and respect....i think cable can sound, because of those inductances may change something... i cannot listen..but maybe others can.

Carlos

मैं तुम ठीक कह रहे हो .. मैं बहुत शमूएल महसूस लगता है
अपने शब्दों की सराहना नहीं की है.

This is google universal translator..showing respect and saying that i am sorry that i was laughing on him when he was rigth.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Maybe we need something alike that... in the place of the simple zobel

to compensate, or to adjust and neutralize the coupling problems... something alike a amplifier to speaker matcher.

Of course the inductances can be adjustable too..using adjustable insertion cores.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• to match amplifier with speaker.gif
    to match amplifier with speaker.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 237
Re: Maybe we need something alike that... in the place of the simple zobel

destroyer X said:

to compensate, or to adjust and neutralize the coupling problems... something alike a amplifier to speaker matcher.

Yes, you can increase the cutoff frequency by increasing the order of the filter. But having a cap that has around 10 ohms reactance directly across the amp output terminals is not necessarily a good idea - so skip the first cap. (Oh yeah, the DX/EX amp is stable into any capacitive load, right?)

A high 100uH cable inductance would give you a 1st order low pass around 13KHz (more or less). With a properly chosen cap at the speaker it goes up to about 18kHz but rolls off 2nd order. Either is likely audible.

You need more conductors in parallel :).

No... Dx amplifiers are not that stable

depending how crazy the load is, then it can became unstable alike others.....was tested with that standard capacitor and behave fine...but if you double the capacitor..them...booom!

I use to be kidding into advertising..saying the amplifier is waterproof and that stuff..but of course i count the people engage the brain and perceive that all that stuff is an exagerated mode to be playing

Those things..superb rock stable..shock proof, hard to kill, ethernal amplifier, to your grandchildrens use..all that stuff is so exagerated..... than i suppose people laugh in the place to believe.

Grandchildrens will receive music from an implanted under skin chip..and music will come from satelite music...all world music stocked there..and the selection will be made using your own will... tuned to the chip receiver...no Dx Amplifier will be mounted into the future guys shoulders..and no plug to mains too.

I think you may be kidding...of course you cannot believe all that advertising story.

Also no one will hung himself with a monster audio cable.... the cable is not good for this purpose..will be damaged and the hung man will fell down and safe..not a good idea to the one will suicide himself after pay thousand dollares for a cable.

I believe people may laugh..except the ones are near to use the rope around the neck..the one's paid enormous ammount of money buying that stuff..that can be good, but will never be so good as the price you pay for that.

thank you,

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the nice picture.

That room with the white tiles is that your listening room. Because if it is I think almost everycable wil sound harsh.

In my room it was immediatly noticble when I removed the wallpaper from the walls. Much sharper highs.
I solved that by readjusting the filter in my tweeter and put in a mundorf silvercap in the filter.

You like paintings too? this is by john currin.

With regards roy

Attachments

• john currin.jpg
    john currin.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 247
Try and error Eva

But i really need to measure them.

Interesting Eva, the way you talk, seems more a big German than a spanish lady.... words very direct..maybe the english version.... i mean..not you as a person..but the direct way when talk.

Advises comes together an accusation..hehehehehe... have to decide if kiss me or if punch me.

French people use to be very kind when speaking... well... when speaking.

Germans are direct and do not waste words... Spanish use to be very kind... are you really from Spain Eva?

Hummmmm those kind of questions that comes with a censor together.... strange that.... maybe i am wrong..my wife is from Spain... and sometimes she talks alike A german Nazi...but she is already old.

I do not mind... i have a Jararaca at home (snake, anaconda the constrictor one) ..so... i am adapted to some strange ways of communication.

regards,

Carlos

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Well...enougth off topic conversations here.

I will take care of my business..will assemble my amplifiers and the one have opened the thread that go following it and instructing people to assemble the Extroyer.... a time bomb...had errors that was lately fixed.

Bye friends.... i will produce something.

Carlos

Attachments

• time-bomb.jpg
    time-bomb.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 165
TFF pra você também...to you too...but i do not know what does this means

May be funny..because all those clowns around.

As vezes, me parece que tem um sargentão alemão fingindo ser uma doce espanholita..heheheheh.

Sometimes, i feel the young lady, alike a German Seargeant..when we know she is a sweet spanish lady... the way words are written are very short and direct.

March!... schnell!

Well..people use to be kidding..i know girls that are using boy's name in this forum .... this one is not the same case..but sometimes looks this way.

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.