Exstroyer x Amplifier...Ex amp...my amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Oh!... their judgment and comparison to speakers were unfair

Was not blind Stuey..so..there are empathy... we cannot see what is playing....just to use ears and brain.... better if not ligth..total darkness and superb confortable position, also temperature.

Evaluation must be quality, or other thing you want to study...just a digital panel showing "A", or "B", or "C", or "D" must appear..or someone saying that...it is important that the one operate switches also do not know what he is doing..as he will modulate the voice because his own taste..this influences people too.

We do not listen using ears...it is just a sensor..we listen with our brain, a wonderfull and powerfull electro chemical processor that has several "departments"....."politically correct"...."what gonna be my advantage in all that stuff"...."Let's try to be good and clever"...... "I gonna try not to be partial, to be fair"....or... "they will vote in D...because louder..and louder use to be good..so..i will go to D, because i will be accepted into this group and will elect the one will win".

You cannot give them any input.... to the evaluators...no input to them... watch nothing, see nothing, no lamps, no panels, no speakers, cannot see nothing..just listen the sound, to listen the man that is switching or the display showing if A or B, or C, is playing.

The intelligence departments must be left out from that stuff..only the "musical perception brain department must be used"

This is a hell difficult, and people is a hell kids doing those things..they do very stupid errors when testing things.

Human conscience and intelligence are the worst enemie to evaluate things.

If you invite something to your home and show your beautifull amplifier..or go to visit him to show... the longest the trip, the most expensive the trip, the better gonna be the amplifier shown evaluation....if you have a good talk, smile or laugh, if you go kindly beeing friendly, if you have a good food together..them you amplifier have 99 percent to be perceived as good.... you know...this is an entire system... the sound, the ambience, the friendship, how hard was to have that amplifier at your home, the respect the guy had bringing it to your home to demonstrate..all that produces a result... sound quality may be 5 to 10 percent in all that stuff.... how the amplifier looks more 10 percent and other things have their own value..depending the guy character..personality.

This is really hard..reason why engineers gone to instrument..much more easy to atribute value to numbers.

All that, above, is about the amplifier selection to speakers.

I have read and felt surprise..very innocent to put skilled together in a group, and if they vote open...not in papper, but something others can know his vote..them, the vote will be political, not technical anymore.... the result will be the group meeting resultant..more a group dinamic than science.

regards,

Carlos

Carlos, the speed at which you do things still amazes me! ;)

I only quickly read the parts about speaker wires, but was particularly interested in their conclusions that the performance of the wires is wholly dependant on the particular amp and speakers, and the best wires may be different for each amp and speaker combination....so a $1,000 wire set may be useless if it doesn't 'match' with your particular setup. Not that I'd ever spend a lot on speaker wires.

Probably obvious I know, but some might not acknowledge this.

Cheers

Stuey

We, humans, dear Stuey and friends

We are deeply intelligent ... all of us..almost the same...some folks exercises, other not..the ones exercises "looks" more intelligent..but this is only ambience....nurture effects...non nature effects.

Observe how your intelligence works...looks tricky, but it is not.

This test to the ones loves challenges:

1) You are into a prison, you are a prisioner.

2) A test was applied...you can be killed into a gaz chamber or to be free.... something sadic and crazy... just a test.

3) you are into the prison room...the jail... a big jail...8 by 8 meters... and this room has two doors... they are almost the same...just two doors.

4) Each door has a policeman... they are twins...they look the same, and they have not facial expression

5) One of them only talks truth...the other is a lyer.... one will always lye, and the other will will always tell truth

6) You do not know the one lie and the one talks true..and you cannot use children questions alike... are you an elefant?

7) You can make two questions... and those questions must be directed to one policeman.

8) No personal questions..just about the doors.. the one goes to gaz..the one goes to freedom... a charade.

You have two questions to be made...and cannot apply those two questions to one policeman only...one question directed, formulated, in front of each one of them...and that same guy will answer.

This is intelligence test.... Einsten have discovered in 6 minutes...i have spent 4 hours..some guys spent whole day or whole week..others spent monthes and some never discover the solution.

Solution is Mathematical, solution is electronic logics, solution is good sense, solution is human perception..there are many methods to obtain a result.

You have to discover the one lyes, the one talk true, the gaz door and the freedom door.... you gonna be free or die.

Why i am offering you that?

Because doing that you will perceive how flexible is the human mind...not computer could find solution on that...how you can use intelligence to evaluate... to make comparison giving them a lot of clues?... impossible!>..you have to control things, all variables, to obtain a fair result..in our audiophile case, is the real sonic quality.

Eva....you are out...i have offered that test to you 2 years ago.

regards,

Carlos

If you discover and want to say that...then send your pride

to panzertoo@yahoo.com

Also if you give up and want to know the solution..then go to panzertoo@yahoo.com

Do not publish here, because this will give an end to other guys chances...some may be thinking about.

Solution is not to be publish here. please!

Some will give us because it i not to publish..ahahahahaha!

Pride is one of the most powerfull thing in humans...if i tell you are clever..then you will buy a monster cable from me..will pay 500 dollares and will go happy to you home..was not the cable..was your pride.

Carlos

Stuey said:
Interesting site on this topic. If you have limited time, go through the pages until you see the discussion on wires...

http://www.audiodesignline.com/howt...SUBH5GQSNDLOSKH0CJUNN2JVN?articleID=201801792

I know Philip Newell and Keith Holland very well. They are not hype guys at all.
I had the privilege of working with them both during my days at the ISVR (where Keith now lecturers).
They are those rare examples of brilliant and yet down to earth people.
They published an article (based on a lot of research in the late 80's) on speaker cabling since they were not convinced that a 2,000 quid/yard speaker cable would perform better than a good "standard" cable. I have yet to read this book, but I guess they went further on their quest for "reasonable explanations".

Congratulation Steve S, as you could find solution

to the Prison issue.

Boys...lovely day here.... we are into the winter peak..the frozzen terrible days..temperature dropped to the unbeliavable cold 25 degrées celsius..and this is excelent...very confortable winter here.

Soft winds from Ocean to land.... not too fast..continuous and delicious... watter temperature is around 23 degrees celsius... everyday rains a little bit.... 2 or three times during 10 minutes...soft rain...nice...very nice.

regards,

Carlos

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Watch that.... minutes has passed from the last picture to this one

You see how weather changes fast....in a matter of minutes we gonna have 10 minutes rain..and them the sun will shine once more....see.. rainbow left side is raining...rigth side is sunny.

hehehehe.

Carlos

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Yeah..i can cut those special cables to fix the hammok into the walls

You know ....those indian beds.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• cutted in peaces to fix the hammok.jpg
    cutted in peaces to fix the hammok.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 186
Another good use to those special cables may be to use to hang

When the guy discover (children will tell him if he use to fool himself..alike the king's clothing tale) that nothing changed using special cable, then he can produce this... and maybe to use can be a nice solution to avoid be ashamed with himself.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• a forca.jpg
    a forca.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 167
A friend bougth one of those cables and he felt them very good

Well...if he is happy.... so... what can i say.

Enjoy my dear!

He sent me his picture.

the most interesting thing i have listened is that we need very thick cable because of resistance...because of current...that thin cables cannot carry that.... interesting...when the electrons enters the speaker, after the long run througth the thick cable they will face a very thin coil wire..what happens there?...maybe they stretch their body (electrons) to cross the coil.... interesting..thick cable is need to speaker cables..but not to speakers...those speaker coil wires may be miraculous or magic.

ahahahahahhaha!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• buy a special speaker cable man!.jpg
    buy a special speaker cable man!.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 302
Hello Carlos

That remember me, ten years ago a friend who was using very big heavy duty car boosting cables, gage number 2 copper wires, for his loudspeakers, using the wire without the clamps. Costing $100. only.

Bye

Gaetan

Attachments

• booster cables-gage 2.jpg
    booster cables-gage 2.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 278
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.