• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

EnABL kit

Well, ehmm, pretty unbelievable that is.

After ******* up a couple of old scrap speakers I felt ready to give it a serious try. First I treated the fostex FE103E (in the BD-TQWT). I use them with a notch-filter and even then they are a bit grainy. Unbelievable fast, great depth and pinpoint imaging, but with a sharp edge to voices and cymbals and so.

I only added the pattern, no micro gloss yet. Have to practice on that first... Well, time to listen! Imaging got even better! The sound is more precise and clean. Little echoes are better heard, deeper soundstage. The grainy sharp edge is still present, but less annoying. The sound improved big time and I started to worry if the music in the bedroom was better than the main system in the living... So down the stairs with them!

Next was the A-B contest with the Jordan jx92s in OB, standing on 12" TL subs. This used to be far superior to the fostex FE103E on every point and on a par with imaging/depth.
Used to that is. The fostex beats the Jordan on everything except for the grainy edge! I double checked the wiring because I could not believe it. Put in the TELARC recording of Oscar Peterson Trio and now there was no denial possible, the fostex was the better one.

But this was so frustrating that the Jordans were next to get war colours! I need to be able to sleep tonight...

By now the Jordans are painted and playing at a new level of resolution. Also waiting on the micro gloss. I forgot about dinner, changing CD's and getting more surprised with every newly discovered sound on CD's I know by heart. Jordans are leaving the Fostex far behind again. The cd of Roger Waters, amused to death, is more like a holographic painting than music. You hear birds singing from sides where no speakers are.

So, next week will be a micro gloss party. Let's hear what that does with the Fostex!

But for now, just one more CD.....

cheers, Pep

Pep,

We probably have the cure for your edge. Go here and read this thread please.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102180&highlight=

If you cannot obtain the optimum materials to use, after reading the thread of course, just PM me and we will see what can be done for you.

You now know what is in store for everyone that participates in EnABL.
Good on you for being brave enough to try this, and can we convince you to post your experiences here too? Just copy them over for now please.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/show...031#post1460031

Bud

Hi Paul,

That is a pretty ambitious experiment!

I do hope you have penciled in some time and sacrificial victims to hone your skills on.

I would be particularly interested in participating in the TAD portion and need to find pictures or technical drawings to tie your proposed pattern locations to. Would you post on the application thread and provide us with some materials to look at? It would be appreciated and might save you some trouble.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1460031#post1460031 Listening impressions

I have attached a txt file that has all known EnABL posting sites and includes locations with tutorials.

Bud

Attachments

• enabl posts for treatment.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 110
husband.

Pattern is unknown, but also known. Meaning you could use the generic patterns and place them in the generic inner and outer edges of the cones and end up with a stage one treatment. Stage two is the tricky one, as it involves a mid cone pattern, the location of which is discovered by some arcane trickery with mirrors, smoke and a tapping stick. No, really..... in all honesty. And, worst of all, worth doing.

If you PM me I will send a long winded description (to blow away the smoke and blow over the mirrors) of how to find this pattern location. Something that must be done after the generic pattern has been applied, in the generic locations. Not a bit difficult to do, just arcane and tricky.

Bud