• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

EnABL kit

loninappleton,

The white rings in the pics are the pattern placement control rings developed for the 127. You will need to poke through this thread, or the EnABL listening thread, for a text file that gives all of the known posts. From that you can find the post that has the 127 PDF file that contains the rings. Print them out without scaling of any sort, cut them out carefully and you have a ready made guide.

Bud

Thanks Budp and all.

Yes, I have seen the diagram of patterns. Don't know where it got to.

I have been somewhat but not totally diligent in going through
these threads off an on. Just haven't pulled it all together.

Reading screens for this is harder than doing book lookup of things.

I find this in all areas of online reading.

JeroenR said:
I received my package. All looks great!!!

This saved me a lot of work searching in Europa for the correct products. Thanks Ed!!!

Now looking forward to do some painting.

Jeroen

This cries out for a YouTube video. Two minutes on how it is done like many of the other how-to short subjects they have on there.

I went out with list in hand to one place called Michaels which is a big box craft chain. I wasn't matching up the pen types well, nor the
paint brands.

:whazzat:

I have traveled that road as well...including the dead-end looks from associates who don't know that such things exist...which prompted me to this effort.

All of the goods are available in the large market or artist-oriented locations. The rest of us have to reach further to confront multiple source shipping charges and minimum order requirements.

I'll send you any part of a kit you can't find.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
loninappleton said:
I went out with list in hand to one place called Michaels which is a big box craft chain. I wasn't matching up the pen types well, nor the paint brands.

The Michaels here has none of the standard supplies. I do get brushes (they have a cheap stsrter multipak from which i extract the blue & yellow brushes), ModgePodge, and cheap acrylic paint for cleaning up ther back of the bezel after treating with SR500. The Gloss comes from the hobby shop, the Polly Scale from the model train store, the pen holder & tips from the drafting store. Clear polly scale comes from Ed or Bud.

Ed's 1-stop shop has to be a big time (& money) saver for anyone looking for supplies.

dave

Ed,

You've done a great job.

Since I am only experimenting I wanted minimize the tools until I was comfortable with it.

I Remember someplace you mentioned starter pieces: One pen one bottle of - what? - paint for the Enabl job just to see how it works.

Trying to work search on here has always been dreadful and dread-producing for me. That's wh I tend to ask the same questions over and over. What I can't remember I lose.

loninappleton

A review of the full kit finds that it includes the following:

1) type B nib holder
1) set, A-1 through A-5 Speedball pen nibs (5 nibs)
1) #56 Speedball pen nib
1 oz. Microscale MI-4 Gloss coat
1/2 oz. Floquil Poly Scale #404106 flat finish (stealth finish)

A "starter" kit might only include:

1) type B nib holder
1) Speedball pen nib, size dependent on the driver to be treated
1/2 oz. Floquil Poly Scale, where the #404106 flat finish (stealth finish) is provided, a colored, flat paint may be desirable to remain more visible.

Thes would allow one to get their "practice strokes" in. The gloss coat does need to be applied per Bud's directions, but is not as tedious as the blocks themselves.

Ed LaFontaine said:
loninappleton

A review of the full kit finds that it includes the following:

1) type B nib holder
1) set, A-1 through A-5 Speedball pen nibs (5 nibs)
1) #56 Speedball pen nib
1 oz. Microscale MI-4 Gloss coat
1/2 oz. Floquil Poly Scale #404106 flat finish (stealth finish)

A "starter" kit might only include:

1) type B nib holder
1) Speedball pen nib, size dependent on the driver to be treated
1/2 oz. Floquil Poly Scale, where the #404106 flat finish (stealth finish) is provided, a colored, flat paint may be desirable to remain more visible.

Thes would allow one to get their "practice strokes" in. The gloss coat does need to be applied per Bud's directions, but is not as tedious as the blocks themselves.

Thanks Ed,

I'll bookmark this and check at the Hobby Lobby. Plus there's a few other places around town.

I'm going to assume the same paint will work on the Cone as well at the frame. I just got some pics of the basket EnAbl pattern from the extreme basket tricks thread.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=1667120&stamp=1227565200&

tg3

You and I are lucky, American Eagles hobbies carries a full line of Poly S colors and stocks replacements for the Gloss. Do get Ed's kit though as it is actually less expensive than ordering pen tips, holders, paint, and paying the odd $10 freight charge for packages of any size nowadays.

Bud

Greybear,

Attached is a listing of all known EnABL threads. The speaker specific threads have posts with PDF patterns for those drivers attached. There is also a generic pattern that can be scaled in Acrobat and if you have a copy of Corel Draw, from version 6 forward, I can provide you with the vector files the PDF's were made from.

Bud

Attachments

• enabl posts for treatment text file.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 118