Dx Supply, output adjustable, stabilized power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Almost unbelievable they can do this...very cheap..and good capacitors.... high cost these 100V units...high capacitance.

Impressive..no one can compete with these guys...impressive!

regards,

Carlos

If it seems too good to be true, it usually is. See picture. This what happens when a capacitor is not really what it claims to be.

Be warned.
4 10000uF 100V High End Power Amplifier Board | eBay

Attachments

• blown capacitor.jpg
    blown capacitor.jpg
    705.2 KB · Views: 719
I do think Juan may have pcboards.

And it is better to ship them from Puerto Rico....from Brazil is not really safe.

If you want to try from Brazil, then contact Fábio Zimmer at

imap.eletro@gmail.com

I am sure he has some pcboards, what i do not have sure is his courage to
export due to the fact we are not trusting in our Postal System.

We have made three batches, one white, another black and this last batch was green....all three hundred kits sold in Brazil....even internally, a lot of problems with missed packages.... 5 from 300 vanished and we had to sent them once again.

In the reality we are not selling outside Brazil....but being you that is asking we can try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuyBUSbRBYk

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
I will try to attach some pictures as i have failed before

Forum have not accept to attach my pictures before, despite they were within the forum specifications of size related pixels, size related bytes and type of image (jpeg)

I had a conversation with Zimmer about you...he told he has green pcboards available but he is selling only kits.... two audio amplifier pcboards together one power supply pcboard.

He can order manufacture to produce only Dx Supply pcboards, but in this case your order must be really big as small amounts is expensive.

We usually do not ship outside brazil..... but you are a very old friend..he may do it for you.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Black supply.jpg
    Black supply.jpg
    847.7 KB · Views: 450
  • green supply.jpg
    green supply.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 416
  • White Super A kit.jpg
    White Super A kit.jpg
    948 KB · Views: 401
Thank you dear friend.

I could not understand clearly.:eek:

Maybe you want to adjust the voltage only without to have the voltage stabilization....am i right?

Maybe you want it to some kind of special application.

We can install a potentiometer to adjust the output voltage without the use of the error amplifier, this way voltage gonna be adjusted and will not be stabilized..will drop a lot.

tell me something more about it....the input voltage...what range of voltages you want to adjust, the current you gonna drain......an after that i can post a suggestion of schematic for you.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
That voltage drop is just what I want

Yes Carlos only the voltage regulation
If we believe Thel Audio that voltage drop is just the right thing cause a tight regulated PSU doesn't sound as good as just a regulated one.My Thel Audio modules can be regulated from 10Vdc to 90Vdc with 10Arms -20A max.

I could not destroy the Dx Supply good stabilization of voltage

Even making great modifications i could not.

To use the Dx Supply pcboard no way to make it.

I suggest you to use a normal standard supply with rectifiers and capacitors
calculated in order to provide you the power you want, in the speaker impedance you want with the voltage drop you need.

Inform the speaker impedance you gonna use, the supply voltage you want to use, the power you have expectancy as good power thinking in continuous power because with the voltage drop your power will be different depending the music loudness levels.....then i will provide you suggestion of transformer VA and AC output voltage to you to acquire a transformer.

If you already have, then send me the specifications and i will figure out what gonna happens with your particular transformer.

Because of you...a hard work to uncle charlie...but you deserve it.

The circuit show is the result of my own sabotage..but even this way it is too much good to your needs...it is too much stable.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Meanman.jpg
    Meanman.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 402
I have tried..no way, this circuit developed by Ampex....

... down the seventies, is very good.....no sabotage can kill it.

It may hold the voltage, in the worst case, in 5 percent and you need 25 percent losses.

Try normal and standard power supply, bridge rectifier and a buch of electrolytic capacitors...as soon as you calculate it correctly it gonna drop the voltage the way you want.

I can help, just send me parameters and i will be able to suggest something.

No way to use the same pcboard and kill the regulation, too much modifications, cutting lines, installing wire jumpers..... making a mess..no way.

regards,

Carlos

Evil dear Meanman....wanna destroy alike a Destroyer

I will try to do it...give me few hours and i gonna return.

Do you have pcboards?...... Juan Vargas Diaz have them...also Zimmer in imap.eletro@gmail.com

He has some green pcboards...i have no one of that collour in my collection.

We gonna make a smaller model, proper to DxS MKII amplifier...but this is for the future.

This stuff is being sold in Brazil only.... we do not accept foreign orders due to the fact we do not trust in our postal system..... in special Zimmer and Juan may accept your order but explaining in advance that we cannot guarantee the arrivel, we can guarantee and prove we have shipped with pictures and documents...but we do not trust, there's no guarantee of arrival.....in Brazil we sell this stuff already assembled.... DxS MKII is the equivalent to 250 USD and we let people pay half and half...when order and before we ship, one month latter, the second half..... in Brazil things are arriving, due to insurance and expensive mail costs... 50 bucks goes to the shipment in Brazil.

So, if you are asking them pcboards....you should know, in advance, they cannot arrive your place...not our fault...see a video about shipment of stuff in Brazil.... a girl made a move throught her appartment window:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym94BKdblio

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• green supply.jpg
    green supply.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
Just to show you what is happening in Brazil about pcboards sells.... we do not sell

outside Brazil....our customers are from Brazilian forum only..no one from this forum have ordered as we are not accepting.

Maybe in the future, as soon as Brazilian postal system fix this unaceptable behavior we gonna register ourselves as vendor in this forum..but now days this is impossible.

regards,

Carlos

Good, gonna try to make it a bad supply

Ahahahahah!:)

Please, inform what voltage gonna enter the supply, what voltage you gonna use to feed your power amplifier (minus 5 volts is a good solution..say, entering 50, to adjust the supply at 45.. adjusting 50 it will not stabilize till reach 45...maybe this is the solution to kill the stability)

Inform the current you gonna use, or the speaker impedance you gonna use.

This is important, i will be waiting for your answer.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.