Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A

I forgot 10 ohms resistors into differential amplifier emitters

This is not the value printed into your pcboard...so..... Bill of Material fixed.

I know the value is strange..but this is what i found as the best option there...yep... 10 ohms...unusual....but use this value.

The ones dislike the heat, or cannot use this way due to small heatsinks...bad cooling or inner case heatsinks, then disconnect diode 1N4148 and adjust current to 90 mA each rail

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Atualização Abril 2015.jpg
    Atualização Abril 2015.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 714
  • Dx Super A atualizado Abril 2015.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 325
  • Dx Super A - Revision April 2015.jpg
    Dx Super A - Revision April 2015.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 713
Last edited:
Dear Juan.... i know you very well

And i am sure you are feeling pity to sell your pcboards left.... i understand because i have some pcboards here and i do not sell too :eek:

Juan, i know you are not that interested to sell these pcboards left....but do it, as we can order more fixing these values in the silk screen...let people have the best wide world, ever made, diy high end amplifier ever produce on this planet.... under that dimension and in this era of mankind development (we had several built and destruction of mankind in million years)

It is a service for our community, Blameless amplifiers are the best i could ever listen in 55 years researching amplifiers....much more than 5000 units built, dissassembled and parts used once more to build another one....Blameless was the best and we could make it even better than the original concept design.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• P1050761.JPG
    P1050761.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 634
Last edited:
Blameless is awesome...but we made it even better

Observe that we are using higher input impedance....this reduces the input capacitor value and as a result we does not have this capacitor though 10K resistor filtering high frequencies that are sent to ground.

Higher impedance is interesting too, as people may want to use it direct to audio sources...and you find more 47K than 10K impedance in the line out from audio sources.

Our degenerative are better selected... resulted better anyway.

Input differential current reduced to better results.

The use of wonderfull bootstrap to feed VAS.

We do not have annoying C4 that bothers a lot when you have to adjust iddle current.

Our Super enhanced VAS results better too.

We are using better stop resistors to drivers.

Also using stop resistors to power units and these are absent in the concept

Rail filters included.... diodes, resistors and capacitors are there to help us to avoid variations from the power supply...not producing better PSSR but avoiding to loose too much compared to concept design CCS.

Power emiitter resistors tuned to better performance and two pair used in order to reduce, even more, the distortion

You see...it is a Blameless..no one can dennie...was based into Blameless...was developed from Blameless... this was the reference, the source of inspiration...the frame, the topology was copied..then was tested and tuned the most we could.

It is a Blameless...but play both, same level, same song, same speaker..and tell me the one has your preference.

Collect high quality musics...songs in FLAC or other high quality encoding.... or copy songs played by JBL speakers at Henrick speakers in Japan... play it using Dx Blame ST and tell me if you are not in heaven..... i do think you will not even remember me as you will be in paradise and will forget mankind.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• dpafig33.gif
    dpafig33.gif
    25.1 KB · Views: 616
Well...people may say....you have just copied!

More or less...i made much more than that.... i have developed pcboards and distributed, amplifier was tuned.... almost 500 guys have this amplifier at home as result of my efforts.

I have not became rich.... all i had was these pcboards you can see.... the majority was excess of pcboards left by a Brazilian group buy..others are some pairs receive as gift from people that have managed group buys.

So, i did DIY, i am sure i have helped a lot....also i gave follow up and was ready to help and support people.

Amplifier was not mine from the scratch...also Self have not discovered differential pair.... also have not discovered darlington VAS or even VAS with buffer or dual stage VAS... he has not discoved emitter follower darlington dual transistors output...also have not discovered CCS..this is all mankind knowledge he selected and put together as result of his skills and brilliance.

So, the ones does not like me, maybe because jellows, maybe because envy, maybe because i use to over react to them kicking their.... well...maybe because i am not lazy...maybe because i am undeveloped country man...well... they should assemble this amplifier from my schematic and layout from my people ...then they may feel different related Uncle Charlie... at least..while listening they will love me.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Don't worried Carlos they will be still available I still have them and if some one want them I be happy to sell them vargasmongo@gmail.com :)

I'm goin to make a simple power supply that can have up to 44000uF here is the design image:

this PCB can accommodate larger size caps from 25 mm up to 50 mm in diameter I found that they are caps that have a value of 22000uF part number
V382LX223M080B062VS, the diodes are FFPF20UP40S-ND 400V 20A I think looks great :) I'm not an expert but I always try my best :D

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• Dx Supply v1.jpg
    Dx Supply v1.jpg
    853.4 KB · Views: 610
Good...but be sure 44000 is no match to the Dx Supply anyway

But is always a very good idea too.

Draining full power at 2 ohms loads, supply voltage stabilized at 42 volts..then you gonna have a lot of mains hum from the 44K supply....much less noise from the Dx Supply.

I do imagine Dx Supply can match 120 thousand plus 120 thousand microfarads (aproximatelly)

I am on vacations.... so... i will return to my enjoyment listening JBL speaker at Henrick's Channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/hosoken007/featured

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
You know Juan...i am sorry because i have disappointed you due to my perfectionism

Pulling the carpet to make you fell down related your pride producing a nice supply pcboard that gonna use 44K of filters...if felt ashamed because i said it is not good enough and cannot compare with the Dx Supply performance... this was really an idiotic statement..not needed to be said by me.

I recognize my demand is a foolish...i want a clean audio always..even when the amplifier is pumping high level of power to the speakers...so....under such condition the music is so loud that you just cannot listen the mains frequency modulating the tones...exception is when you have very loud bass..and only deep bass..then the mains frequency will "beat" together the bass frequency and will generate harmonics...will add, will produce the diference and harmonics of these two tones generated..all that crazy stuff together producing the big mess.

I want to avoid this stuff...reason why i have used the Dx Supply, in order to offer to the amplifier, always, under any condition of hard use, a very well filtered DC without substantial ripple.....you may say......

But you do not listen!

Yes.... i cannot listen...but knowing this is not perfect i try to avoid...you see dear Juan.... if the tone is bass...then you gonna have another tone....something deaf people call "rich bass"...filled with a lot of harmonics and beatings...i want the pure tone the way it was while recording...this is High Fidelity....to the source.

The same crazy stuff may happens with Andrew...he found ringing in a Dx Blame ES..an amplifier that sounded awesome but really had some design flaws.... he, Andrew, could not listen that "ringing" into the speaker...this is something into the waveform...but knowing the ringing exist he abandoned the amplifier over a shelf collecting dust

This is the problem...i could never imagine i have something alike related Andrew......and i do not know about Andrew, but about me i can say that "i am sick"..... menthaly sick...because i bother myself with stuff i cannot listen.....Andrew may be perfectionist, a very different story... but related myself....if figured out i am sick!... see the image....this is the expression of my feeling.... a foolish demand indeed.

Sorry Juan.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 123rf.stupid.face.jpg
    123rf.stupid.face.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Pulling the carpet to make you fell down related your pride to produce a supply with 44K...if felt ashamed to say it is not good enough and cannot compare with the Dx Supply performance.

I recognize my demand is a foolish...i want a clean audio always..even when the amplifier is pumping high level of power to the speakers...so....under such condition the music is so loud that you just cannot listen the mains frequency modulating the tones...exception is when you have very loud bass..and only deep bass..then the mains frequency will "beat" together the bass frequency and will generate harmonics...will add, will produce the diference and harmonics of these two tones generated..all that crazy stuff together producing the big mess.

I want to avoid this stuff...reason why i have used the Dx Supply, in order to offer to the amplifier, always, under any condition of hard use, a very well filtered DC without substantial ripple.....you may say......

But you do not listen!

Yes.... i cannot listen...but knowing this is not perfect i try to avoid...you see dear Juan.... if the tone is bass...then you gonna have another tone....something deaf people call "rich bass"...filled with a lot of harmonics and beatings...i want the pure tone the way it was while recording...this is High Fidelity....to the source.

The same crazy stuff may happens with Andrew...he found ringing in a Dx Blame ES...that sounded awesome but really had some design flaws.... he cannot listen that "ringing" into the waveform....but knowing the ringing exist he absndoned the amplifier over a shelf collecting dust.... this is the problem...i do not know about Andrew, but about me i can say that "i am sick"..... menthaly sick...because i bother myself with stuff i cannot listen.....Andrew may be perfectionist...i am sick!

regards,

Carlos

is cool Carlos don't worried man I like to share ideas even if they are good or not for others, is ok, no everyone think the same way :D

here is the image of the Dx Super A with updated silkscreen :idea:

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• Dx Super A updated layout 2015.png
    Dx Super A updated layout 2015.png
    745.8 KB · Views: 399
The one can sell pcboards to the international people is Juan Vargas

Fábio Zimmer, from Brazil, is the one sells pcboards to Brazil.

Here you see him...his grandfather was a German that scaped from WWII

He born in South of Brazil...a nice guy..with beautiful blonde daughters.

You can see his Black pcboards,

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Fabio Zimmer.jpg
    Fabio Zimmer.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 177
  • Dx Supply, new black pcboards from Zimmer.jpg
    Dx Supply, new black pcboards from Zimmer.jpg
    841.1 KB · Views: 228
  • Dx Super A new black pcboards from Zimmer.jpg
    Dx Super A new black pcboards from Zimmer.jpg
    986.3 KB · Views: 364
I am still creating amplifiers...this one under construction is GOT

It is an union of vintage high level of quality power amplifiers.

One from Marantz and other from Sansui.

Having fun... this one 40% assembled.

It uses dual differential, one with 2SK170 and other using BJT ... dual voltage amplifier stages, both darlington and feeded by CCS (2)... input is controlled by Voltage regulators (2), tripple darlington in the output, complementary darlington and different feedback used....it looks alike Sansui G7000 but has some difference because of Marantz influence.

These two differential are not complementary, they are dual differential stages, one following the other.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• P1050772.JPG
    P1050772.JPG
    705.4 KB · Views: 150
  • P1050774.jpg
    P1050774.jpg
    544.2 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Celebrating more than thousand stereo amplifiers shipped inside and outside Brazil

Those the ones made in Brazil added to Juan Vargas Diaz production (almost all sold from second batch)

Not counting pirates in Brazil and China....there more 1000 units maybe..but these not produced by us.

Well...i am happy and celebrating.

Others have assembled etching their own pcboards..... and the ammount is also very big.

I am keeping, at least, one unit of each one produced... these amplifiers, all them published in DIY audio...there are others not published, but these ones have distributed few units.... dozen maybe because hi End and very expensive customized units.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Bem de cima.jpg
    Bem de cima.jpg
    951.3 KB · Views: 800
  • Placas Dx.jpg
    Placas Dx.jpg
    584.5 KB · Views: 739
Dudainc, i know your browser is "eating" my messages sending them to Spam

You can contact me in facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/carloseugenio.mergulhao

There's some forum friends there...Gareth Ingram, Jopseph Siejack, Todd Johnson, John Blackburn, Harpreet Singh, Carl Brack, Jeff Mueller, Felix Salas, Adi Klausner, Keith Corrêa, Gordon Lamda, Bejenaru Ion, Engl Del Pina, Sandeep Badgujar, Kking Ttou, Riff Mawon,Rik Bobbaers, Mazzarin, Peter Jassal, Juan Della Cruz, Andreas Drossos, Giotto, Schuch, Lichtenberg, Mihai Manea, Kettermann, Caillaud, Agung Sugi, Arya Vaseni Mudhorst, Siebel, Schneider, Garret, Greenhalgh, Yazbek,Lynn, Choi, Lugones, Bezartt Abazi, Toi, Escamez, Monticelli, Lipe, Wagner, Jackson Deep, Del Rio, Magnaguagno and many others from our country too.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
I do not know if this also happened to you

And then you are cutting wires dismounting some stuff.... feeling guilty because you are destroying things in the place to fix it, use it, or donate

And then you go cutting wires..suddenly while you cut a wire, in that same moment, a Black out happens in your town...everything dark and silent...in the first 2 seconds the feeling is awfull

- What i have done?

Thinking you are the cause.... after few seconds you realise you have anything with that accident..was not you.:(:eek::eek:

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Strange stuff.JPG
    Strange stuff.JPG
    886.5 KB · Views: 202