Dx Blame ST - Builder's thread - post pictures, reviews and comments here please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In the reality, audible difference when you compare a 25W amplifier with another one with 50W output is not clear..not huge....not easy to perceive...so....will play loud as you have imagined....about they can play loud and powerfull using 25 volts?...the answer is yes.

regards,

Carlos

Thank you so much Carlos, I got all the Components and Im gonna etch the PCB's my self, Will post some pictures here, Thanks for this great amp
Have a good day.:)

Zeraphine, welcome to the Dx Corporation as a new crew member

Send me picture...then you will have your image in the hall of fame.... the first thousand guys..when we gonna reach millions.

Soon we gonna have more than thousands happy builders (because of China producing in huge ammounts)

Soon we gonna have more than 100 diy Dx amplifiers built in Brasil...we gonna be whole world..already in the most distant countries.... extreme North Europe, Asia, Oceania, America, Africa and all places...now i have one in Siberia building (they should build class A there..very cold place)

carlos.eugênio1951@yahoo.com

I am deeply interested in the pictures you gonna post near future.... i just cannot wait for them..send me your dog picture or something to register the contact between humans.

Dx Corporation - Optimism, Reliability, Enjoyment and Excellence in audio amplifiers

Carlos

Last edited:
Some Pictures of the components

Im still lacking some of the Resistors and they are on the way, and the Fiber boards for the PCB's are also on the way, Im gonna etch the boards using the toner Transfer method..

Attachments

• DXblamecomp1.jpg
    DXblamecomp1.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 743
  • DXblamecomp2.jpg
    DXblamecomp2.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 717
I am happy to inform you, forum friends, that we are having a very sucessfull

presence in the main brazilian forum, the HT Forum.

A group buy organized by Miguel Nabuco is collecting around 70 orders for kits that will have two supply boards (separated supplies, one to each channel), an circuit to protect against surge... an AC delayed insertion using relay and NTC, two boards (one to each channel) consisting a protector, Dc detector and speaker delayed insertion...and off course two circuit boards that belongs to the audio amplifier.

The board had the layout sligthly modified, but was based in Todd Johnson's layout that had 95 percent of Todd's original work....some room for output coils and some details, alike increase of space to Brazilian style fuse holders and things alike.

This is to be sold, cost price, only for HT Forum members, in brazil...this is not to be sold in this forum...and these are the instructions i gave them....we have no group buy here...so.... group buy sells only if Nabuco decide to open a group buy here too.

Board from Rudi, were made for his German friends..inside the German group, and i will have a couple of boards too.... depends on Rudi if he wants to help yo ordering boards, cost price, for you.

Brazilian kit cost, i do not remember exactly, but seems to be 36 USD, including in this price the brazilian internal mail system cost... a registered letter can travell with these boards inside, not needing special boxes or special mail system (more expensive options)

Here you have a video from Miguel Nabuco, where he shows his Variac and his supply...you see he is using Ipod (not recomended).

He will proceed more tests, using scope and generators and soon we gonna have more informations from him.

I am not selling boards...i will not help people outside the HT forum, to have brazilian boards.

YouTube - DXBLAMEST

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx Blame - Brazilian board 1.jpg
    Dx Blame - Brazilian board 1.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 670
  • Dx Blame - Brazilian board 2.jpg
    Dx Blame - Brazilian board 2.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 608
What happens when you replace power transistors

i am replacing by more matched ones...what happens?

YouTube - Amp. adjust, details & detalhes

The image is the German board....this one is larger and has room to install high speed rectifiers and several supply filters...the whole Dx supply can go over this board.

Thank you by the power transistors you have sent dear Evette from Canadá.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Imagem 444.jpg
    Imagem 444.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 681
Last edited:
Nice amplifier Kurtis.... a pity that you could not find BD139/140

These ones you are using, at the simulator, distorts more...but for sure the distortion is below the human audibility limits..so..everything gonna be fine....you will not listen the result of their presence in this circuit.

Good luck... i ensure you gonna have a divine experience in your life..the sound of this unit is awsome...we perceive this in the first second it plays.

Prepare yourself to feel good.... to dance...to smile and laugh of pleasure.... search for a good recording, the traditional PCM, wave format or Flac format..something with good sound quality to enjoy the excellence of sonics this amplifier can reproduce.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Thank you.... i do whatever i can to help

But even this way exists the "human factor"...we use to make mistakes while building, at least my videos shows amplifiers working fine, perfectly assembled...without mistakes...so...you can see it's behavior under adjustment...this may help..but it is not, by itself a guarantee.

People may face some problems and frustrations..sometimes we change the NPN by the PNP and such kind of things..we go watching and inspecting.... watching without see..and this for several times.... we repeat the failure while inspecting.... yep...this happens.

Gladly..one day we perceive the mistake and we we can fix.... there are some guys that works with a such high level of attention that does not make mistakes.... sadly i am not one of them....i use to repeat my mistakes... each three amplifiers i have one that does not works.... and i have to be searching for my error while building.

Thank you, count on me if you need...i gonna be over your shoulder trying to help ya.

Carlos

Last edited:
Thanks for the video, Visual information is easier to understand.

I've done some research into the differences between MJE1503x and BD139/140. Looking at the datasheets it's clear that the MJE1503x are much more durable, A plus for someone who haven't mastered the art of amp building. I did manage to find one opinion for the change in sound, They could tell that the sound had changed, But couldn't tell if it was for the better or for worse. I don't think I'll have any problems, I've made a small headphone amp with 0.2% THD put a smile on my face :). I can't say I've ever head any amp that produced a THD lower 0.08%, I anticipate the day I will.

I hope this isn't off topic,
Kurtis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.