Dx Blame ST - Builder's thread - post pictures, reviews and comments here please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They also have an other one pos-and negative side together on one board

Attachments

• SPR-82.jpg
    SPR-82.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 519
PSU help for Blame ES

I need some help with the PSU for my dual mono Blame ES that I am putting together. I got some PSU boards but need some help with resistor values etc... each board will have 18000uf 50v per rail.

I've attached the schematic, Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• img008.jpg
    img008.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 509
Hello Wendell,

take a look at Greg Erskine's Web Site:

Greg's Web Site

and take the values of the DX PSU, Carlos designed.

The values are:

R1,R3: the "Bleeders" - 2K2/2W (do not populate R2,R4 or use 4K7 / 2W for R1 - R4)
R5,R6: Leds' resistors: 6K8/0.25W
R7,C17 and R8,C18: PSU filter: 0R47/1W / 1n5

Instead of using thermistors ICL1 and ICL2 use "damping resistors" 3R3 / 3W with enamelled copper wire wound around them.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Amp is looking good Meanman. ...

But I do not like regulated PSUs in an AMP.

The reasons for this are:

- the regulated PSU is expensive
- there is normally no need to adjust the output voltage in case you have "correct" transformers
- the TIP42 transistors use a lot of power for themselves
- Doesn't a regulated PSU slow down the dynamics of an AMP?

P.S. But since I know you had it at your hands: use it!

- there is normally no need to adjust the output voltage in case you have "correct" transformers

Regulated psu's are good for the voltage amp/input pair/ccs section of the amp. Better to run the OP pairs off of the "dirty" unregulated supply.

Same goes for the grounds. Have 2 of them , One for large rail caps and zobel , and a dedicated "clean" one for any voltage amp cascode/input pair CCS or DC blocking/input RC filter.

Not to be critical of the beautiful layouts :) :eek: I see a few posts back , BUT .. the large reservoir caps on the amp board will inject tremendous "dirty" charging pulses into the local star.
OS

The reason I use this regulator is that my two 2x24Vac/160VA toroids ain't strong enough did some testing about that.The only outcome was a supply of 2x28Vac/160VA this gave a very strong nice sounding amp a supply of 2x25Vac/160VA was even better than the 24V toroid but I sence that the 160VA still wasn't enough.I'm planning to use a 2x30Vac/500VA toroid for both channels with the regulator adjusted under load.With the 2x28V supply and rectified I had between 37Vdc and 40Vdc when playing music and the sound was amazing that could also be an option to use 28Vac supply.Rudi I don't know if you visit the Thel website there you can read that the regulator is made specialy for amps.Test results will follow.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.