Dx Blame ES .... based into the Blameless, i am trying a new amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do not be waiting for next version, the one does not exists

It is an idea to be released March, 28 and i will not let you know what is going on in details..... and will do this way not to "empty" builder's desire to build this one and be waiting the next model, you know fellows, our own lazyness applies some tricks on us, one of them, not to move yourselves, is to be waiting next model...this way nothing is done!

Last years i have made, created, copied, built, designed, more than 15 amplifiers, less than half or that was really aproved and developed, and used, and offered to forum friends to assemble, others, lovely schematics, sounded terrible, junk and lemmon things!

So, the next idea can be a junk too!

I want one forum builder only, as a forum testimony of quality, others will come naturally because forum folks are not stupid.

German high quality audiophile group, from Hamburg, Obberkommand Von Rudi, may be the first ones to build from this forum.

Without be humble, lucky thei are to build!, not only because my work, but because, as a matter of fact, the amplifier resulted spectacular, a lucky movement of me or not, i do not care, it is the reality.

I have assembled several forum amplifiers, the majority, exception are the super complicated that i know does not sound super good in the same ratio they are complicated, and no one can beat this one, into a comparison this one, the Blame ES, will be rolling into the floor laughing about the yellow face from the beated competition.

Image posted is for the competition, green of envy, red or anger, yellow of sadness

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Yes, that is a mistake. I will correct that in v1.3. Thanks Alex.

..Todd

Attachments

• 1.2error.png
    1.2error.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 357
Interesting, i have asked Sergio Vaz, the first Brazilian that made your board Taj

he said his version had not this short, seems from base to colector, not base to emitter.

he said he had to fix the RC gain network, the 470 ohms to ground in series with the 220uf gain electrolitic condenser, the one has the single diode as protection.

His version is working properly, it is interesting that other error was fixed and this one was installed.

We humans, ... we are subjected to failures in series...interesting that.

regards,

Carlos

Another friend, from Brazil, Renato Comerlatte, is now listening the

Dx Blame ES.

Now we have 4 Dx Blame ES amplifier working fine!

Soon we gonna have more two Brazilians building too

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Renato Comerlatte 1.jpg
    Renato Comerlatte 1.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 337
  • Renato Comerlatte 3.jpg
    Renato Comerlatte 3.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 318
  • Renato Comerlatte 4.jpg
    Renato Comerlatte 4.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 312
Dx Blame ES is in the torture room

A satelite receiver is sending audio to the power amplifier, the output is loaded by 7 ohms power resistor, peak power is 50 watts rms, i have picked audio from this load using a series resistance, only to monitoring purposes, 47 ohms series resistance to the speaker.

The tool is something we use in medicine, surgeon uses to obstruct vains, to stop blood flowing (bleeding, hemorragia)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e9fGN_t3Oc

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Torture room a.jpg
    Torture room a.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Satelite receiver audio for torture.jpg
    Satelite receiver audio for torture.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Medical tool used in electronics.jpg
    Medical tool used in electronics.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 129
When you listen this amplifier inside the same room the speaker is playing, then

you feel you have a shy bass, or too much mids and highs.

But i was distant, the back room, distance is 35 feet, and the audio must track a curve shape to reach my ears, alike aligned, on line room folded in an "U" letter shape..then the bass is there, present and the audio is flat.

I found the amplifier perfect for ambience sound, to airports, elevators, Dentist office and such kind of applications.

The sound is unbeatable, a champion, defined, focused, super crystal clear, highest resolution, separation of instruments, dinamics and loudness.

I ensure you this one will beat all you have at your home...absolutelly no doubts about that.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Audio track.gif
    Audio track.gif
    5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
You feel you have a shy bass, or too much mids and highs. The sound is unbeatable, a champion, defined, focused, super crystal clear, highest resolution, separation of instruments, dinamics and loudness.

Then we shall use a Blame ES for for mids and highs and a DX standard for the bass on an "activelly biamp system" :D :joker:

(it's only a joke, don't get mad at me, Carlinhos, I value your tremendous efforts to develop the uberamp!)

Yes, if you join the Dx Standard for bass and this one for mids and highs

Then, i think, you will have the perfect sound....note will jump from 96 to 100!

The bass is enougth, but the Dx amplifier gives that extra punch that would complete something i feel as missed.

The amplifier is electrically flat, but i see it transfers highs more easily.

Do not misunderstand me, please, it has bass, the bass is precise and present, but the Dx Amplifier reproduces much more bass, it is the hell Devil's throat, the Ocean marine deep sound, the thunder, the Hammer of Thor!.... this one gives you just the bass is present in the music, when tone is adjusted flat, it sounds flat!....the standard has always that extra punch on bass.

Listen this short video, the bass is there, if your monitoring PC speakers and amplifier can reproduce, then you will listen the bass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e9fGN_t3Oc

I am already building this way.

regards Max,

Carlos

Last edited:
dx blameless

dear sir
greetings sorry to bother you wanting to make dx blameless just
want to ask you few things to clear my doubts
1 no of turns on 10 ohms zobel and wire gauge
2 does .22 in parallel with 220 ohms need to be changedto 2.2uf
3 does 100 nf have to be added in parallel with 220uf 16 volts
4 using pcb pattern version taj rev 1.1
is it ok
5 does 470 pf have to be added from q7 collector to ground bd139
thanks for your valuable advice
thanking you
andrew lebon

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Okay, Here's version 1.3. ALexmm, please do your quality-control magic. My eyes are too tired after that marathon. I hope I didn't screw anything else up.

All updates are included. And there's one new "feature": I squeezed in a 10uF Polyester input cap with 15 mm lead spacing, including Digi-key Part number (see BoM). The two 22uF back-to-back electrolytic footprints are still there if you prefer; take your pick.

This was the final update. (I will certainly fix any errors though).

Cheers,

...Todd

Attachments

• DX Blame ES schematic v1.3.pdf
    56.3 KB · Views: 194
  • DX Blame ES pcb v1.3.pdf
    86.4 KB · Views: 160
  • DX Blame ES BoM v1.3.doc
    86.5 KB · Views: 124
  • DX Blame ES pcb copper v1.3.pdf
    61 KB · Views: 145
About the output inductor, it is not critical, i have tried several ways

and you have pictures showing you 2 possibilities, there are others with thicker wire and bigger diameter too.

The large one has 15 milimeters diameter, 8 turns, 1 milimeter wire...the others, have 22 turns of 1/3 milimeter wire around 8 milimeters diameter resistance... this is not critical...it is not sounding, i have tested with and without, nothing changed, install just in case you have long wires connecting your amplifier to the speaker.

Yes, the suck out returned to 2.2uf after more testings, in paralell with 220 ohms the driver's emitter floating resistance. but do not use electrolitic condenser there, or use it only for emergency purposes till you find a low voltage unit to install there...i have tried bigger values but results bad, also appeared into the power on as noises.

Your other questions were answered by Taj files posted, 470pf from Q7 colector to ground included, the bypass capacitor included, and the patern was posted too.... the capacitor was Taj gift, lovely kemet capacitor, i am using these ones to the suckout, i have two amplifier operating.

Be happy!.... will be much more!... prepare youself to listen the best wide world ever made audio amplifier, in my 58years of living time i never have listened so good reproduction, in my 49 years buiding and testing more than 4780 amplifiers i have never faced that wonder, others, including mine, do not even touch this..they loose by half body (horse race, more common is to win by a nose, or a head, but never half body).

Be absolutelly sure, Dx Corporation and Uncle Charlie guarantee, you have the best one, you can have confidence to go with your unit to your friends house for an audio competition, you will win!...you can put your money on that!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Meters and feet.jpg
    Meters and feet.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 314
  • Milimeter.jpg
    Milimeter.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 310
  • Kemet capacitor.jpg
    Kemet capacitor.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
I am so sure this amplifier is unbeatable that i give you

100 times guarantee, if you find an amplifier that can beat this one, bring this one and i will eat it with ketchup or will sit over the board (Ops!... what a pain!)

Do not even think twice, build!, built if fast, without any doubts you will be building your final, your last amplifier...sadly you will not build others.

It is impossible to reproduce better than the reality, boys!....the singer is here!, i am afraid the guy will spit salive on me, or will be sneezing mouth body fluids on me while singing, the instruments are here at my home..nothing can be better than the reality.

You may continue to build, for fun, others, but will because your own sadic feelings to smash others or masochism of you that may love to suffer.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
100 times guarantee, if you find an amplifier that can beat this one, bring this one and i will eat it with ketchup or will sit over the board (Ops!... what a pain!)

Do not even think twice, build!, built if fast, without any doubts you will be building your final, your last amplifier...sadly you will not build others.

It is impossible to reproduce better than the reality, boys!....the singer is here!, i am afraid the guy will spit salive on me, or will be sneezing mouth body fluids on me while singing, the instruments are here at my home..nothing can be better than the reality.

You may continue to build, for fun, others, but will because your own sadic feelings to smash others or masochism of you that may love to suffer.

regards,

Carlos

So finally Carlos, are you saying that the mids of your latest amp is better than the AKSA and the bass and treble is better than SymAsym? These were your two reference amps that you were always trying to better!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.