• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

diyinhk Store

Dear kp93300:
Could you please remove this iso board, and check the sound again see if hiss still appearing ?
thanks

Hi peterpopo,
I power the input segment of the iso7240 by another power power supply with 4.7 V dc . the hiss disappeared and sound quite nice in my test speaker but there is intermittent dropout that may be due to cold joint. will troubleshoot after work tonight.
i think the 3.3 v from the amanero combo board is not enough to power the isolator.
thanks

kp93300

I redo the joints and the intermittent drop out persisted.
Could the drop out due to intermittent unlocking of the i2s signal ?
Any suggestions anyone ?
Have anybody use this isolator successfully with the Buffalo 2 dac ?
I may populate the other board at a later date if there is no other suggestions .
kp93300

I redo the joints and the intermittent drop out persisted.
Could the drop out due to intermittent unlocking of the i2s signal ?
Any suggestions anyone ?
Have anybody use this isolator successfully with the Buffalo 2 dac ?
I may populate the other board at a later date if there is no other suggestions .
kp93300

I have tried the IL715 before with no negative effects in my setup: Experiments with NVE IL715 Isolator | H i F i D U I N O

Hi some news
Finished my board, I've soldered all parts as mentionned in Post#1.
The Amanero stick works fine, but used with the isolator it gives no sound :(
I've missed something, but don't know what ?
Do I need to supply 3.3v ?
I've populated U2 & U3, do both chips needed to be removed.
Thank you for your help.
Regards

Phil

Attachments

• IMG_2445 S.jpg
    IMG_2445 S.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 568