• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIY Enclosures LLC - a new chassis manufacturing company in the USA.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm not sure if you'd be able to do this...But if it helps i'd buy about 5 of the 1712HS chassis, but without faceplates, not sure if that's something you'd be willing to do or not. Nothing wrong with the faceplates you have, they're really nice, but I have a bunch of acrylic that i'd like to use, and i'ts a bit easier for me to machine etc...

So like I said, not sure if that helps or hinders the order overall. Let me know either way.

Thanks!
Trsitan

Tristan,

Thanks for your input! I'm just really shocked by the lack of enthusiasm for his 1712HS chassis here. I thought there were quite a bunch of us who needed at least one! They are the cheapest chassis I know of with this level of build quality. The products off shore are at least twice as much! Even if the 1712HS were priced at $200 each I would buy them.

Anand.

Yes I also don't understand this.

I know of only 2 (!!) corporations in the world making really great looking enclosures! That's DIY Enclosures and Hexateq (in alphabetical order ;-)).

I don't understand why people still build their own chassis which often look like a piece of junk for their precious high-end amps (Pass, Leach, Self, Curl, Borbely...).

But maybe it's just a matter of time and promotion?

All the best, I hope DIYEnclosures will continue and gather lots of success!

Hannes

Re: DIY Enclosures Heatsink Versions

eboz said:
Here are a few more pictures showing the heatsink versions. This option is available for the DIY1712 and DIY1013 chassis at $30 and $50 respectively. The heatsinks require drilling and tapping to mount them.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This is the DIY1013HS, which comes with four 6" tall heatsinks. The windows on the side panels are for mounting power transistors or IC's directly to the heatsink.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

DIY1712HS

DIY1712HS shown here with gold preamp face panel and black type1 and type2 knobs.

I GOTTA get me one of these! (any one will do) :D :D :D :D

Just what I've been looking for!

Steve

Large heatsink

I am geting ready to start on a Pass F3 and I would be interested in a nice enclosure with a good size heatsink. I'm not sure what I need at this point but I assume it would be about the same as the F4. Maybe a group buy could be put together because I think there was pretty much interest in F3 boards and those people - and me - will need some place to put them when they are done

Tom

I am definitely still in business and still providing the best quality service possible to each and every customer. I'm always getting awesome feedback and support! About the heatsink versions: I looked into doing larger and fancier sinks, but protos for them are around $2000. I would have made an order to restock everything, but I didn't get a good sign-up for the pre-orders. I'm starting to run low on the normal 1712, black chassis. There are still plenty of the silver version. Why is the silver chassis so unpopular? I personally think it is a more sophisticated color for the audio equip. :D

Heatsink chassis...

Michael,

I now realize there is a small group of us who would like the heatsink version.

I was wondering, if you can sell us the standard version, tell us exactly the size of the cutouts for the sides, we can do it ourselves. In addition, if you can tell us what size heatsinks or where you source those heatsinks we can purchase them and install it.

It shouldn't be too difficult :rolleyes: . And whether I use the silver, gold or black panel at this point, I don't really mind. The base chassis is of such high quality, it makes for an excellent design. See my new gainclone here.

It worked out great :smash:

Anand

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I know the 1013 had the same extrusion on them that barredboss was selling on eBay. A set of 4 6" versions would work for that chassis. My guess is that a set of 4 3" versions would come very close to working for the 1712, but I only have a non-heat sink version of it to check with. So my recommendation would be to get the diyenclosures as they are the best I have worked with and then look on eBay for the heat sinks.

hayenc said:
I know the 1013 had the same extrusion on them that barredboss was selling on eBay. A set of 4 6" versions would work for that chassis. My guess is that a set of 4 3" versions would come very close to working for the 1712, but I only have a non-heat sink version of it to check with. So my recommendation would be to get the diyenclosures as they are the best I have worked with and then look on eBay for the heat sinks.

Actually that is exactly what I did with the heatsink versions. I even purchased them from barredboss. He wasn't anodizing them at the time (not sure if that's still the case), so I had that done separately along with the other chassis parts.

Is anyone interested in a DIY-1013 with heatsinks included for free? :eek:

The only catch here is that this is not the HS model, so it does not have the side panels cut-out for the sinks. For the price of one black, ventilated top, front panel color of your choice DIY-1013 chassis, I will give you four 6" sections of anodized heatsink. These are the same heatsinks from the HS versions and it's my last set of them.

It'll have to be a PayPal invoice because of the difference in weight and shipping.

The DIY-1013 with free heatsinks was sold. Still waiting to hear back from Anand about his friend's order..

I'm not sure how soon the HS versions will be available again. The regular models are selling slowly and I need the proceeds from them to begin another batch.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.