• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIY Enclosures LLC - a new chassis manufacturing company in the USA.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A 2x customer

I ordered a blank 1712 from Michael for my first DIY project - a MOSFET amp. When I got bad advice operating the waterjet that was cutting out the connector holes, I ordered a second back panel.

In both cases, the items were shipped promptly and demonstrated a very high level of fit and finish. The completed amp looks great (will post pictures time permitting) even with the power switch set into the front panel (sorry Michael).

I think these boxes are an excellent value. I have access to all the metal and woodworking equipment I can stand and it was more than worth my time to order from diyenclosures. In fact, I was so impressed that I ordered another enclosure for a Class D I'm building for a family member.

Highly recommended.

HS Versions Out of Stock

Hi,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have sold out of the heatsink versions. I won't have them available again until I can re-order parts to replenish my entire stock. They also need a redesign so that they can be more efficient and easier to use. I don't think that the design should change much. The future design will include the drill and taps for mounting, so that you are no longer required to make that operation yourself. I am pretty sure that milling the heatsink such that it becomes an integrated side panel, would be too expensive to implement. I think the best profile is going to be more efficient than the last, but it should still be as universal as possible.

Besides the heatsink versions, how interested would everyone be in a HD "heavy duty" version? Where all the panels would be at least 2mm thick. I first went with the thinner panels, because I know that a lot of you out there have methods for damping the panels if necessary, and would rather have a less expensive and great looking chassis, than having an expensive tank of a chassis.

stokessd said:
Another note:

The rubber feet look very nice, but may be problematic. First of all they smell like the tire section at a Harbor Freight. Second they appear to be oily. I'm not sure I'd trust the supplied feet on any finished wood surface. I had the amp sitting on unfinished oak and they left an oil ring.

It would be great if such a nice case would come with slightly better feet.

Sheldon
I think that the 10-24 rubber bumpers (without metal core) from McMaster are just the thing -- in fact there are quite a few to choose from. A pack of 25 is like $10.

I have also used the bumpers with metal core -- tres cher -- but if you have something really heavy they do the trick.

I would move the placement of the IEC connector to the center top of the backpanel. Too low and it interferes with transformer placement. At the side it interferes with device placement.

Hi,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have sold out of the heatsink versions. I won't have them available again until I can re-order parts to replenish my entire stock. They also need a redesign so that they can be more efficient and easier to use. I don't think that the design should change much. The future design will include the drill and taps for mounting, so that you are no longer required to make that operation yourself. I am pretty sure that milling the heatsink such that it becomes an integrated side panel, would be too expensive to implement. I think the best profile is going to be more efficient than the last, but it should still be as universal as possible.

Besides the heatsink versions, how interested would everyone be in a HD "heavy duty" version? Where all the panels would be at least 2mm thick. I first went with the thinner panels, because I know that a lot of you out there have methods for damping the panels if necessary, and would rather have a less expensive and great looking chassis, than having an expensive tank of a chassis.

Michael,

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the updated heatsink versions and I would also be interested in the all 2mm version as well.

Thanks for your efforts, very appreciated, hopefully you've seen my end products detailed elsewhere on this forum and in my audiocircle gallery,

Anand.

I'm using DIY enclosures for my upcoming "Super Squeezebox" project.

The DIY-0610 enclosure was a perfect fit for my 12A medical grade open frame unit linear power supply. See pics below....

I have just ordered DIY-0908 to house my modified Squeezebox 2.
I think I'll use Front Panel Express for the faceplate display opening. Pics will follow as soon as I get everything together.

Fit and finish is excellent and they are very easy to work with. Congrats Michael for a job well done!!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Re: HS Versions Out of Stock

eboz said:
Hi,

A 2mm heavy duty version would be very nice!

:up: :up:

Ah and another comment on the planned heatsinking: a large part of the DIY-members here build various Aleph variations, that are ClassA-amps which require really heavy heatsinking, like 0.25K/W per heatsink (I mean the total heatsink on one side of the enclosure).

I think your current design comes to 0.38K/W, so a bit too much.

Would be truly great, if your upcoming design would allow such numbers!

Thanks a lot!

Cheers, Hannes

Epoch,

There were a whole lot of changes to USPS shipping services in the past few days I think, they abolished a few services and most of the changes were to international shipping. Apparently it's creating havoc with many online e-tailers. I'm not affiliated with DIYenclosures but i'm pretty sure that's the problem, so hang in there it's worth the wait for these cases.

Just another thing aswell, i've always had to put in my shipping selection twice, so maybe try that if you haven't already, just in case it's not what I mentioned above.

Tristan:)

I know about the shipping problem and the changes that USPS made. I wish they didn't make changes like this and cause shipping to fail. Now international orders at my site will not work until it's fixed because USPS is the only option that I have for international. I will get the site fixed ASAP and let you all know... In the meantime I'm still taking the orders via PayPal if necessary.

As far as the heatsink versions go: It looks like I won't have a new order of these until further notice. I've just run into various complications. :xeye:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.