Diy AMT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wrinex
I had the same problem as you when I used acid to etch.
Use this:http://www.uic.edu/sph/glakes/harts1/HARTS_library/Semenoff.txt
1 Kg. CuSO4 coppersulfate--bluestone.
250gr. NaCL sodium cloride--Table salt.
25 gr. NaHSO4 sodium bisulfate -- Sani flush or Pool PH- for swimmingpools.
10- 20 liters H2O --Water
I am still testing different types off plactic paint,for housepainting.

Båndsei

The crackling noise is from the alu/mylar film.
I think the sandwich of alu/glue /mylar I used earlier is better to reduce crackling/resonances.
I measure at 2,8v.Not sure about SPL.
The pleats is not touching eachother.
I have not tried the magnetsystem used by allmost all manufactors.I like the open sysem.
Sensivity will increase with that magnetsystem,and be more linear.

Bernt

Something to hope for: Low-Cost Circuits Printable From Inkjet Printers?

The actual ink can perhaps be hard to get. There is also some talk about a special paper.
But perhaps photo paper can be used for printing the circuit and then you apply the 74 film. The photo paper then has no be dissolved to get the finished membran.
No idea about the resulting resistance, but that should be easy to control when mixing the ink.

Wrinex
I had the same problem as you when I used acid to etch.
Use this:http://www.uic.edu/sph/glakes/harts1/HARTS_library/Semenoff.txt
1 Kg. CuSO4 coppersulfate--bluestone.
250gr. NaCL sodium cloride--Table salt.
25 gr. NaHSO4 sodium bisulfate -- Sani flush or Pool PH- for swimmingpools.
10- 20 liters H2O --Water
I am still testing different types off plactic paint,for housepainting.

Båndsei

i thinks the silk printing is the way to go, he has nice results already, the only problem he still has, is good paint or something that does not let go when etching. bandsei plastic house paint ? you mean latex ? by the way i used CuSO4 coppersulfate with water, i made it myself :) disolve copper in hydrochloric acid with elctrolyse. so aply current on the copper in a bath of hydrochloric acid , you end up with coppersulfate. it got rid of the aluminium way fast then every previous used stuff :) maybe to fast ?

so only the NaHSO4 sodium bisulfate i dont have. not allot of swimming pools here so i wonder where to get it.

Btw have you tried the stuff from the art suply ? the stuff used to create etch drawings ? i mean its developed to go in an acid bath.

its the stuff they put on there metal plate , then draw (scratch) it with a tool to draw, then it goes into the acid , after that they clean it with white spirit. this stuff shoult be able to stick. although they usuallly clean there metal prety good, wich is harder to do with alumnium foil this thing. maybe use give it a verry verry diluted etch bath ? or scrub with verry verry fine sandpaper ?

oh sorry bandsei , the txt doc is exactly what i decribbed haha,, etching zinc plates.

Etsgronden | Peter van Ginkel

this is the stuff, its soul purposse is to use in an acid bath, so this ought to work.. in the text they say you have to propper clean in fat free, then clean it with a mixture of chalk and white spirit !!

Last edited:
Solhaga .
Interesting Links.
I think I would put my Money on the cutting technique.
It could cut the alu or alu/paper pattern easy.
It could cut a masking tape for etching too.
My latest tests shows it is better to use the alu/glue/mylar sandwich.
I have a problem using the sandwich laminate and etching pattern."acid" disolves glue and etches alu from the edges.
The best paint i have tried is a primer used for Wood painting,water based.

Bernt.

Last edited:
I got a pair of diaphragms cut to my measures from Solhaga, thank you Again.
Used them to make diaphragm´s to my "Kithara" magnetsystem.
Made a mistake ,and tried to unfold the diaphragm with 170'C.Mistake.
Made another:
URL]

Measured It :
URL]

Looked at the diaphragm,the pleats seemed to touch eachother in 2 Places,placed the diaphragm in the folding Tool and in the oven 170' C, mistake Again.
Think I should make something else for a while.

Mery Christmas.

Bernt

I just got a new Tool :
URL]

It is Silhouette Portrait, a smaler and cheaper version of Cameo.
URL]

I am cutting alu /mylar with mylar side up.
It is quite easy to remove leftovers.
URL]

Here it is taped and remowed from the cutting board.
It is a sandwich with alu/mylar /glue/mylar.
At the "hinges" only one layer of mylar.
I have folded and "baked one and have to test it soon.

Bernt

I made a new Tool for my frames:
URL]

It is a soldering iron with tip remowed.Temperature set to app 400' c.
It is placed in a sliced insulating block.
URL]

I use 4mm plexiglass cut to 6.5mm Width.Glued with 2 komponent epoxy.
URL]

2 diaphragms for testing.One with 7/8/12my alu/glue/mylar.And one with 10/15/8/12my. alu/mylar/glue/mylar.

Bernt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.