Diy AMT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It looks like there are two U-shaped pole pieces, one inner and one outer, with the magnets between the "legs" of the Us. Then the thickness of the magnets are not related to the gap and the membrane can be of any thickness.
I must FEMM this.

I guess that really makes me a total nerd, instead of getting a group buy on the way, I think of doing them myself.:magnet:

Last edited:
Solhaga, then I am am nerd to.
I have been able to buy a small quantity of alu/mylar.50 meters of 7my alu/15my mylar. 180mm wide.
URL]

I have tried to print directly on the alu/mylar,but it cant resist the acid.It does not disolve the print .But the print losens,and drops off in pieces
I will try another printer.
Looking at the Teinuro AMT magnetsystem, it seems that there is a gab in the middle of the system.Try to simm that too.

Bernt Båndsei.

Last edited:
Ticovski,this is a god idea.
I thougt the same yesterday at work.We are going to make textile printing with silkscreen.
In my town, Odense, there is a open workshop using the tecnique.I have to make a stencil,and use fotoemulsion.
Using silkscreen printing ,makes it difficultier to make changes.

Bernt

Couldn't the photo emulsion (for example AQ-1) used to make the screen originals be used directly on the alu?

Some kind of preparing the alu surface must perhaps be done, but should also be the case when doing the actual screen printing to the glossy alu surface.
Perhaps it adheres better to the alu than the emulsion used for circuit boards (it for sure seems to be a lot cheaper).

My diaphragms are 160X245mm before folding,and can be made on a A4 frame.
I am not sure the fotoemulsion can withstand the acid I use : HCL.
I might be able to get prints from a printer at the workshop.Ihave seen it print large Pictures,on a roll of photopaper.Perhaps 100cm wide .

Bernt

Solhaga, then I am am nerd to.
I have been able to buy a small quantity of alu/mylar.50 meters of 7my alu/15my mylar. 180mm wide.
URL]

I have tried to print directly on the alu/mylar,but it cant resist the acid.It does not disolve the print .But the print losens,and drops off in pieces
I will try another printer.
Looking at the Teinuro AMT magnetsystem, it seems that there is a gab in the middle of the system.Try to simm that too.

Bernt Båndsei.

Where did you get the foil???????

Ilardi,I had seen it ,but forgotten it Again.
Thank you.I will try to get some coppersulfate.

Ds23mann.
I got it from China,and I think it would spoil my chances of reordering,if i shared the name.
They dont sell in small quantaties,less than 100-1000kg.

I would like to send you a sample,and maybe sell some if others want to buy.

The thickness 7/15 my is a "common" size.

Bernt.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.