Diy AMT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You can use masking tape.Not too sitcky.:
URL]

Bernt

Thank you for all the kind Words.
I have been painting my living room,plastic paint,and have not had the time to Work with the AMT.
I have been fidling with the one I made,and it crackles a bit.Much more than the others I build.
Measurements and listning will show if it sounds distorted.

Bernt

Hi Bernt
Well you are getting something like 0.3 - 0.5 %THD, which is ok but not excellent.
At what sound preasure level 1m are you measuring?
From the graph it seems that you are not band limiting the input signal .... I was thining whather the crackling noise somes from the pleats touching eachother making for shorts between neighboring voice coil lines .... could it be this?
Maybe bandlimiting the signal from say 500 Hz, might help, and also keeping track on how high volumen you are playing.
Does it also crackle with a filter and music?

Anyway they look stunning.

..... one more ? ..... have you tried a magnet system like the one e.g. Mundorf is using .... essentially two iron plates, with open slots, and some neo magnets between ..... would think them much more efficient
BR Baldin :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.