"DIY 1.5KW Bipolar Class-H"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That type of amp usually uses about a 2.5 to 3kva for 2-channel. Rated current draw on a similar commercial amp (Crest CA18) is 26 amps for 1/3 power typical max output. I'm pretty sure the trafo is only 2.5kva but at that size it could do 3 times that for half an hour before it thermals.

Try doing that with a switchmode and see what happens.

That type of amp usually uses about a 2.5 to 3kva for 2-channel. Rated current draw on a similar commercial amp (Crest CA18) is 26 amps for 1/3 power typical max output. I'm pretty sure the trafo is only 2.5kva but at that size it could do 3 times that for half an hour before it thermals.

Try doing that with a switchmode and see what happens.

thank you, i suspected that much, reason i asked is that we are running a group buy in our local FB group and 120 boards have been spoken for...i think we can get a very good deal for that...

Nice boards sir Tony, can I join your GB for 2 please.

PS: pls add Timbukto Panopio to the local FB group, ty

yes of course....add me too as a friend....:)

i have a power traffo designed for this, it will use a 2inch CL stacked to 5 inches, i am going to use a mandrel made from acrylic to wind thecoils...
the secondaries will be 4 separate coils of 50 volts each, and will use 4 bridge rectifiers and 8 10000ufd/100vdc caps...

Attachments

• IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    988.3 KB · Views: 442
trapo details

yes of course....add me too as a friend....:)

i have a power traffo designed for this, it will use a 2inch CL stacked to 5 inches, i am going to use a mandrel made from acrylic to wind thecoils...
the secondaries will be 4 separate coils of 50 volts each, and will use 4 bridge rectifiers and 8 10000ufd/100vdc caps...
if using 2''x5'' any winding details pri/sec tunrs
/wire size

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.