Digitally controlled preamp/headphone amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you look at the number of screws per side you can tell, 4 per side means removable, 2 per side means perminant bottom.

You can go to Mouser to buy them.

here

I think I'm going to try the 1455N2202 . This will give me a little playing room and I am hoping to add input selection and dual RCA outputs, one will be going to a subwoofer amplifier the other to my tube amp or GC.

Josh

Uff! I finished to read the thread...

Congratulations to twistead pear audio for this effort :cheers:

It looks as a wonderful price/performance project :yummy:

I have a question regarding Tx wiring:
I saw some members actually send both "center tap" TX leads to the ground power connector on the PCB. These leads carry all the current that flow on the TX.
Wouldn't it be better to follow the diagrams provided and solder both "center tap" wires far from PCB, near the TX, and then send from there a single wire to atain the mentioned power connector?

Thanks
M

maxlorenz said:
Wouldn't it be better to follow the diagrams provided and solder both "center tap" wires far from PCB, near the TX, and then send from there a single wire to atain the mentioned power connector?

Thanks
M

Hi Max,

Thanks a lot for the kind words. You are of course correct that it would be better to do as you suggest, It is simply easier to wire it they way Brian suggested, I don't think in practice it makes any tangable difference though because the leads of the transformer we supply are very short.

Cheers!
Russ

Hello all,
I've finished my kookaburra just now, but it doesn't work!!
All components are in the right place,but when I tried (with my inverted Gainclone) all the sound that I can hear is like a bzzz-bz-bzzzzz-bzz....
I try with a tester and I found the right and left signals "OUT" are in short circuit with the ground, so is it normal?? I checked all PCB starting from left and right signals "IN"(not in short cicuit)trough OP and Pic (with or without them)and at the end 3 pin header "OUT" are in short circuit!!
So, I'm not very able in electronic,pot +5 header is OK, all seems ok, but it doesn't work!
Someone can help me please?

Alessandro:confused: :bawling:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.