different ideas for ESL panels

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got one little panel refurbished today. jer

Attachments

• mylar ready.jpg
    mylar ready.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 233
  • spacer glued.jpg
    spacer glued.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 233
  • frames done.jpg
    frames done.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 228
  • closeup of licron crystal clear.jpg
    closeup of licron crystal clear.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 106
  • ready to be bolted back together.jpg
    ready to be bolted back together.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 231
  • coated with licron crystal clear.jpg
    coated with licron crystal clear.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 225
  • closeup of graphite charge ring.jpg
    closeup of graphite charge ring.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 100
more pics, i have come to realize that the smallest thing is themost importnt, coating. it might look right or be perfect, however, there are some hick ups if you will a moment will pass with frusrtation only to find that something so small can take away your dreams of the perfect panels. Here are some more pics, i have not given up hope.
start ti finish, and yes, there was a problem, which can be fixed.

Attachments

• P4040321.jpg
    P4040321.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 115
  • P4040322.jpg
    P4040322.jpg
    507.4 KB · Views: 96
  • P4040323.jpg
    P4040323.jpg
    561.5 KB · Views: 116
:eek:I have a long week ahead of me, i hope everyone learned something, i sure did. I wish i was a wealthy person, i am NOT, so going to la la land, hope everyone a great Easter! wish i could say the same.
I did anticipate some problems, but as mentioned, it can be repaired, just wanted it right the first time.
THANK YOU CHARLIE FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORT ON THIS PROJECT, YOU DESERVE ALL THE CREDIT AND INSPIRATION FOR THESE, OR BETTER SAID "PROJECT.!!
i guess i should have left the stat supports there, well, frustration can play havic when trying to diagnose the hick up.
Spoke with GER, he agrees on the coating, Licron. someone let me know or CharlieM.,
now i am anxious. Mavric.:eek:

unfortunate

;) unfortunate things tend to happen for a reason to me. however, ordered a rebuild kit and Charlie ordered Licron coating, this will be interesting i must say and cannot wiat.
Does anyone have any input of the life of Licron? the panels will never be in contact with UV light, all windows in my house have been tinted with refective, 99% uv resistant. I am very unsure with dish sope, so Ger, i hope you nailed this one as you have allways done with all my questions. So from China, Michagan, Savannah, from everyone, even Australia, Germany, and i think Britain, so many thank you's.
the licron cost around 40 USD, for an aresol can which should be plenty to do the rebuild.
I am very fortunate that Charlie found some more .0006 film, enough for both stats, hoo raw! He has is own life and is taking the time to help a complete stranger build these, its so hard to accept and he will not take any kind of payment for his talent or work that he has done for me. I reaaly want to share that here, i am 32 going on 33 years of age, never in my life have EVER had any person or persons help on anything custom in my life.
謝謝 China..
Danke..German.
Merci.. French.
ありがとう . Japan

;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.