Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sandabgujar....this was informed deeply in the thread

You should take some time to read avoiding us to be repeating the stuff alike drunk pirate's parrot (the ones repeat everything the pirate says).

For 100 watts output you need, at least 150 watts power supply, to feed one single channel..the output transformer voltage goes from 22+22 volts AC (with a center tap) to 27+27 volts AC.... being 25+25 volts AC the optimum voltage to use.

One transformer to feed stereo must be twice..or 300 watts or 300 VA

To 8 ohms operation you can use 6800uf + 6800uf filters
To 4 ohms operation you can use 10.000 +10.000uf or more as supply filters.

This is to one channel..if you decide to use a single supply to feed two channels, then double the capacitor values..insulation is 50 volts or more.... 35V can be used but may be damaged...it depends from the capacitor brand..the good ones are underrated..when they say 35 volt they can face twice or more than that...but you cannot trust if you have not made a destructive testing.

The transformer primary, to feed a single channel, will use 1.25A fuse to 120 volts AC mains or 600mA fuse to 220 volts mains voltage.

Rail fuses to power amplifier can be 1.2A to 8 ohms speakers and 2.5A to 4 ohms speakers....for safety reasons i suggest you to install fuse in series with your speakers, because mistakes in the construction result, very often, in rail voltage present in the output ....and this can kill your speaker...so..if 4 ohms speaker then use 3.5A series fuse..slow blow one...and to 8 ohms use less than 2A fuse .

Please, show me picture of your pcboard you gonna use, in order to uncle charlie keep on going the support dedicated to you...i am not helping people that buy pcboards from pirates..only DIY personnal that etch by themselves.

For further conversation with uncle charlie, then present picture of your circuit.

This amplifier can operate with lower voltage than the suggested 35+35 volts DC, but it is not suggested, nor recommended.

It is better to use the Dx Super A.....Juan have pcboards..... also layout to etch by yourself was provided in the correct thread......it is more modern, has better performance.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Man ! I forgot about that there is a lot of information concerning the power supply suggestions sorry dear Carlos my bad jejejejeje I'm like this anime character thinking ups! :D

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• Moca black and whitef.jpg
    Moca black and whitef.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 493
Dear Juan... you can do whatever you want

Because you are a partner..... and people alike do not make hard errors or severe mistakes....you can do only little slips in my point of view... from my point of view...in my way of thinking about you.

I am glad you are here taking care of my stuff that is your stuff too...we are brothers....we have a kind of spiritual connection.

I am just taking care of this friend...he was in other media and made some contact...i do want to know if he is building by himself or if he bougth from Ebay pirates... i will not help pirates..this way no follow up to the ones buy pirate pcboards.....the ones etch by themselves..well...these will receive the best from me.

There are 5 factories around the world producing Dx Amplifier...all them with sites selling...no one of them asked me to do that... some of them point this forum, the Dx amplifier thread and my home email adress as source of information.... well..... i do think these ¨@#%$$@" , the pirates, should behave in a less disgusting way.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
help for student

You should take some time to read avoiding us to be repeating the stuff alike drunk pirate's parrot (the ones repeat everything the pirate says).

It is better to use the Dx Super A.....Juan have pcboards..... also layout to etch by yourself was provided in the correct thread......it is more modern, has better performance.

regards,

Carlos

Thank you very much Carlos sir for your kindness

You mean Super A is much advance than DX standard can it gives more bass than dx standard. because I want it.Or good overall Hi Fi amplifier for home used. I want 100 watts on 8 ohm. I have 30-0-30 Ac with 3A transformar. Can I used Dx power supply from following link.for one channel.
Amplificadores DX Blame - Carlos Mergulhão

have a good world cup for Brasil.
thanks

Post it here please.

regards,

Carlos

I am trying to clear some dought in my mind about power supply. I am not a baying any eBay or other duplicate manufacturer PCB I just want to etch my own PCB that's why I am asking so much question sorry for that dear Carlos sir.
please believed me. I am beginner in Audio amplifier I am stock trader and have some knowledge of Basic electronics. I am follow you in Diyaudio from long time but not regularly that's why I am not updated in Dx forum.I Have only build Philips late 70' 40+40 Watts amplifier with 2n3055. So I Don't have any other amplifier building knowledge and want to make your amplifier.

please help Me
Thank you

Last edited:
The site has not too much material about old amplifiers

and the adress is not this one.....this one you found was created by Nico Daneel a long time ago..... was from South Africa.... sadly we have lost Nico.... really a big loss in my life.

My forum and blog is | Se você gosta de construir amplificadores, este é o lugar certo! Entre, apresente-se e seja bem vindo! Sinta-se em casa. ...the end br means Brazil...it is a brazilian site ... it is maintained by a friend that have insisted me to accept a site and Blog to myself....i really do not use too much.:shy:

The place where my stuff is hosted in the reality is this forum we are...here you can find my amplifiers.

There are something in Greg Erskine site too ... and another one is maintained by Mitchel.....the main site is diyAudio and Solid State..the place we are...if you cannot find what you want here..then you will not find elsewhere.:(

My site was made because in Brazil people use to kick me out from foruns because i do things for free and this is not interesting for them, as brazilians foruns are market places.... people there use the forum to sell stuff...and my stuff compete with their stuff and they get angry on me..also i get angry on them alike Jesus made when they find people selling stuff inside the temple...almost alike..:rolleyes:... then the guy almost impose to me to have my own forum where no one can kick me out, or punish me because telling the truth or because kicking some buggers a---:mad:

In Brazil, forum owners and moderators join themselves in a gang...they start to produce pcboards and they publish amplifiers (copies for others including my stuff) and they sell the stuff there...if you criticize their stuff, their amplifier or behavior then they find a way to keep you out...it is a shame.... sadly there are not too much decent in their behavior.... not al them..but almost all them.... you have one of them around...the debunker amplifier.... a copy..non authorized.

Search what you want here...do not waste your time....also i have used SMPS forum... a decent place.... Sami is a decent man..has expertise in SMPS Page Title may be the link to it.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• _56349206_temple.jpg
    _56349206_temple.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 643
Last edited:
Why Dx amplifier(s) are better than others... many, many others

almost all others:shy:

Because it is derived and deeply influenced by Hugh Dean..the Master of Audio..the guy that know theory and practice in the same ammount.

Because it is tuned by ears...carefully tuned while listening.

Because it is simple..the more the simple the best it will sound due to the reduction of stuff inside the audio chain...you can have surrounding auxiliary stuff, mirrors, CCS, regulators, current sinks or whatever you want to call and use.... but inside the audio chain the minimum use of parts is the best option.

Because it is the best topology ever made.... developed by Douglas Self that made the unbeatable Blameless.

It is also better because it is not symmetric....you have not double symmetric differential..no PNP and NPN differential....no PNP and NPN Voltage amplifier..all this stuff requires matching...and matching is not eas to home builder...it is easy to factories to by matched pairs...not easy for us to achieve this...so...no problems about matching.

Also because I'm not pretentious enough to think that the factories are composed of imbeciles and I'm the only intelligent being in the universe...if all Integrated Circuit factories used this kind of circuit..because good...why i have to try other topologies?

Since 1968, all factories and amplifier brands, including Macintosh used this kind of circuit.... i said...all them.....why i will try something different..even today, Yamaha use this topology.

Also the philosophy...i use to ask people not to use preamplifiers..because they distort a lot..tone controls distorts a lot..also switches, capacitors, connectors, and all electronic stuff in the audio chain.... the philosophy is the main advantage...others are too much stubborn to perceive how valuable and obvious is this decision.

I was watching an amplifier that can go to 570 kilohertz....heheheheh.... who will listen this...people became crazy?... why they insist with such kind of thing?... speakers have no speed... this may be a trick to brainwash your head to sell stuff to you...cannot be other thing.

To show specifications to 100 kilohertz..despite stupid as no one will listen is something acceptable because it is a tradition and you can assume that if can go to 100 kilohertz than the speed (slew rate) gonna be good in 20 kilohertz..but 570 Kilohertz!!!!!

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Dx Amplifier was the first one i have shared

It is old and not so good as the last models made.

Dx Blame ST and Dx Super A are both better than Dx Amplifier.

Search the threads if you want top performance.,

This one here, the Dx Amplifier, the standard one, the first one published.... is very good....has a nice bass...a loosen uncontrolled longer bass.... but was beated by several other models from the Dx amplifiers line.

The Dx Blame ST is playing in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhrZAOABcHM&index=17&list=FL9xnp-350vDnDhEpNv_XVxg

Was recorded by a cell phone...now imagine how better is this sound if you listen to it.

regards,

Carlos

Confused

It is old and not so good as the last models made.

Dx Blame ST and Dx Super A are both better than Dx Amplifier.

Search the threads if you want top performance.,

This one here, the Dx Amplifier, the standard one, the first one published.... is very good....has a nice bass...a loosen uncontrolled longer bass.... but was beated by several other models from the Dx amplifiers line.

The Dx Blame ST is playing in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhrZAOABcHM&index=17&list=FL9xnp-350vDnDhEpNv_XVxg

Was recorded by a cell phone...now imagine how better is this sound if you listen to it.

regards,

Carlos

Hello dear Carlos sir

Sorry for let replay. I am confused in which amplifier I have to make Dx standard,Dx bleame ST or Super A .I want good over-all amplifier for home entertainment but more power in Bass and good reproduction of other mid and hi frequency with my 30-0-30 AC 250VA power supply and minimum 100Watts in 8ohm for single channel.

Thanks for caring me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.