Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew, two hundred pages .... I'm not feeling very well... :bigeyes:
A fellow forumer (infact - Nordic himself) reccomended me to make the DX amp in the ''low cost'' category in this thread, after he saw what's going on there... :clown:
I managed to pick one of the many variations, but didn't find any files about it ... only 3D model.

As I understood it's called the DX Classic. Dear Carlos and Nordic - could you please post here or email me with the final files about this version of the amp. I will need the final schematic used, and pdf files with traces and components placing for a DIY pcb, I'm using the toner-transfer method. Thanks! :D

This Classic is exclusive to Brasil... will not be explored here

Please, follow the link spectator is providing, as you will find informations about the original Dx Standard.... Also the name Classic will be changed, even in Brasil.

Please, try to forget this name Classic, as in my country has not so good meaning... means cheap cigarettes....not a very good idea we had.

The amplifiers, the circuit, is the same....but along the thread received a lot of names, Dx Vanilla, Dx Classic, but the Dx Amplifier is the name...it is a very simple, a very standard amplifier, so, Dx Standard can be used too.

regards,

Carlos

Yes, I saw this link somewhere in the DX threads, my point was. The other thing is - I understand about the DX amp variations, but the name "Classic" was given to the version with smallest PCB, right ? That's what I was searching for...
My question is - can I somehow be able to get the files for the smaller PCB I have shown in my upper post ? Also - in the link from spectator - the PCB is in PNG, how can I get it in PDF, higher quality (higher dpi) for good printing results ?

Cheers, Niks.

Small boards Brazilian only.

You are not Brazilian....so....no small boards to solder parts over and no layout to produce small boards at home.

This layout was not published even in Brazil.....here, this is for sales.... that board was made for business, and because of that the layout was not published...to avoid to be copied... if those boards were offered and copied...no chance to sell boards in South America.

Those boards layout, and also the real thing...pcboards ready to solder, were not offered to the Internacional community.... you can have the same amplifier with the boards you can have into the Greg's home pages, about Dx Amplifier...no exceptions....layout will not be mailed, or published, or show, or copied or something alike.

We cannot post that layout, as people can copy, Brazilian people copying will not buy boards anymore, and them, uncle Charlie will eat boards with Ketchup and Mustard, because will not sell boards anymore....you are just arriving, and hundreds of pages were posted... so...you are surprised...because have not readed.

It is a very good idea to start to read, because i will not repeat all informations already posted there... you will ask for emitter resistances and all the same old song...so... take some time to read the same way hundreds of folks have made.

I have readed the entire forum...not only 200 pages.

Carlos

Hey Niks, you will find the "small" boards are not THAT much smaller than the original... give it a try...

P.S. can you believe it... this morning is the second time in less than 5 months I ended up in the emergency room... 6 stitches this time by the looks of it... before I even had my first cup of coffee. Days like this I am glad I live only about 2 blocks away from the hospital.

Uriah check the website for how to calculate resitor values for the voltages you are using, the default stuff with the kit is aimed at the PI. I think there is some detail on the actual catalog order page now too... which I need to duplicate on the expected place...

I am feeling a little bruised now, so don't feel like looking at graphs right now, but if you wait I will post 35V resitor values for you tommorrow.

Thanks for letting me know .... Did everything arrive in ok shape?
I tried to reduce the packageing a little from all the thousands of bags from the past.

Nordic,
Take your time, but thank you very much. I would certainly appreciate any help with the resistors/voltage. The supply will be at about 41V and then my zeners bring it down to about 37. I am finishing up my speakers (veneered and varnished but drying) and am wiring everything for my k-502 into its box right now while doing 2 of voltsecond's recommended fixes on the k-502. But we are leaving for 4 day mini vacation this evening so no hurry on that at all. The DX gets attention again after the 22nd I think.
Get better soon :)
Uriah

Carlos will you look here please http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123096

Hi guys, here is a list with resistor values to adjust the protection to your supply voltages... R4 voltage is AC voltage comming from transformer, R8 is +DC voltage from ground to the point you want to tap into the positive DC supply.

protection.gif

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
sneih said:
hi i am 11 years old..... my first post LOL
enjoy my mam's flower cause i don't understands about amps.....

Nice plant! But Nordic better stay away from it. Those prickles look dangerous, and we don't want to see him in ER anymore this year.

Read all the messages in this thread, sneih, and you'll be an amplifier expert, like DestroyerX and Nordic, very quickly.

..Todd

sneih said:
hi i am 11 years old..... my first post LOL

enjoy my mam's flower cause i don't understands about amps.....

Well, i will bid you welcome too sneih. If you can get along with all those old f@rts here :D , you surely will learn a lot like taj said.

Have a good time reading, then build your first Diy-amplifier :smash:, and enjoy. You might get addicted.

Not many young people like to do anything themselves.

Cheers
Ebbe

(an old f@rt myself :clown: )

Oh!.... i feel i am an EX pert in the place to be expert

reading NAD - New Acoustic Dimension History, and the main engineer History, i found i am very stupid... this is real world.

This man is thousand years-ligth advanced related me... i am a stone age Amplifier tweaker.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• i am an ex pert.jpg
    i am an ex pert.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 419
Reading about NAD i could evaluate the giant size of my ignorance

I have a lot to learn.

Also why they have use so many transistors in parallel.... sharing power?.... and the capacitance?... maybe this is an auxiliary display segment driver or something alike...but i cannot even conclude.

The old NAD i am testing has the same bass as my more modern Precision I (of course Precision power is enormous)..... had sligtly better treble than the Precision.... and loose into the voices and had better sound stage..... a very old NAD i am listening.

My respects to this brand.... very impressive.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 456
Hi Carlos,

How are you?

What model of NAD do you have? I used to have a 3020 many, many years ago. Wonderful device! I now have a 3150, but it is very, sick. I can never find a schematic for it, so I've never been able to fix the problems. Phone pre-amp works though -- I still use that. It has SANKENS :)

The NAD amps were are great deal too -- low price (in the UK).

take care

~~Andrew~~

Status
Not open for further replies.