Dayton 8" FR PS220 Discussion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yes, but look at what Steve Deckert did with it! Board flat, scary so... that discussion is in the other thread - linked in the first post...

And it remains to be seen what it really measures like in person... :D

Personally I am hoping that other than the bump where it starts to flatten out, that it pretty much is exactly as shown because I am going to slam them into the back of a pair of tractrix 150Hz flare rate horns! I happened to acquire them a long time ago, and found no real use for them - until now! :D (they were built to take an 8" driver... fyi)

It's not a serious project for me, just a fun thing... we'll see very soon.

Hee hee...

_-_-bear

PDF datasheets are just fine

to correctly view the pdf and have not the hassle of adobe software trying to update itself and taking over control of your machine you can simply use google Chrome, you'll also get a good browser in one move ;)

now you can unistall acrobat or at least go to browser tools/exstension and be sure no previously installed acrobat plugin is affecting the browser

for those who hates flash except steve jobs, there's also a flashblock plug-in which definitely helps shutting-down flash advertising, then if PE wants to protect their images it's their rigth to do so.

By the way, very nice driver, is it selling somewhere in old europe?

Take a look @ my Day ps220-8 build, I used a BSC network using 1.6mh & 9 ohm. It
flattened out the high end OK. See my post (dbaudio 5th May thread). TLB.zip & TL offset.zip
The Vas using WTI turns out to be 2.2cf not the Mfg spec 4.6cf.
Martin calc's it to 2.7cf using the Mfg BL. \

Used to have link, now am audio software publishing and diy speaker builds.
I see on your web that you are into tube audio business. I started out in tube electronics; USN school, maintenance. Awhile back I did a Philco 70's stereo console rebuild into a table tube amplifiier, all new parts but using its power and audio out xfmrs.
Came out nice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.