• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Canadian GB for Goldwood GW-1858?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Shipping Calculations

They come 2 to a box and the dimensions are 20" X 20" X 17" and the weight is 25 lbs. So use my postal code of V2T 5N4 on the Canada Post website to do the calculations. We may be able to do better by Bus or even other couriers but I haven't done the research yet.

Bob

Originally posted by CSS/XBL

They come 2 to a box and the dimensions are 20" X 20" X 17" and the weight is 25 lbs. So use my postal code of V2T 5N4 on the Canada Post website to do the calculations.

I did a quick check and it looks like about [edit] [strike]$21[/strike] $28 (I forgot to check "inches", so the cheaper quote is for a smaller parcel) [/edit] for expedited parcel (2 business days guaranteed) to Calgary for the pair. Not too bad.

[edit2] Looks like strikethrough font isn't supported for this version of HTML - I'm just trying to say it will cost you under $30 bucks. Leave me alone, I'm going to bed now. :xeye: [/edit2]

Regards.

Aengus

Hi All

Sorry for the delay; I've been first busy and then away for a bit.

I think we have all the interest we are going to have, so I will start collecting money and then ask Bob to order the speakers.

Those of you who are skilled Paypal users can perhaps advise me here: I have a Paypal account, but have only ever paid money out with it; I have never collected money with it. Is it simply a matter of posting my e-mail address (aengus <at> daesyn.com) so you can send me the money, or do I have to create invoices?

In either case, I am assuming the following:

Aengus -- $160
albertli -- $160
doorman -- $160
Illusis -- $160
Leadbelly -- $160
planet10 -- $160
Russell Dawkins -- $160

Bob never posted shipping costs, so if you want shipping please let me know where to ASAP and I'll ask Bob to calculate the cost. Otherwise I'll assume they are to be picked up at VIdiyFest, or in Albert's case in greater Vancouver.

It's now June 12 (how time flies): let's aim to get the money together by the 20th and I'll get Bob to order them then. Bob, what do you think the delivery time may be?

Please post any questions, comments, or alternate suggestions.

Regards.

Aengus

OK - blush; I'm back. Work and family issues took their toll for a while. If it's any consolation, other things in my life almost as important as diyAudio also took a hit.

I will now (a) re-open this thread for orders, and (b) respond today to the e-mails various of you have sent me on this topic.

VIdiyAF is August 21. On the assumption that Bob will need a week or so to get the speakers, let's finalise the order by next Wednesday (Aug 5). Here's where we last left it:

Aengus -- $160 *
albertli -- $160
doorman -- $160 *
Illusis -- $160
Leadbelly -- $160
planet10 -- $160 *
Russell Dawkins -- $160 *

Based on e-mails and other information, I'm assuming the ones with an asterisk (*) are still firm. Please let me know via e-mail or by posting here about the rest of you.

Thanks, and again my apologies for my absence.

Regards.

Aengus

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Now that sounds like a real "stonkin" system a-brewing. I'm pretty sure that Bob got some spares.

Here are my 2 in action....

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I need to get them out and into a set of MJK H-frames, as big as these are they don't go really low and it is easy to turn the whole thing into a passive radiator.

dave

Dave,

Wow, it looks really big !!!!!!!

I took my pair 1858 from Bob yesterday and would love to go with the H route. I really would like to mate my FE168EZ with it. Please kindly advise if there is any chance I could crossover it from 200HZ up and cope with a L-pad for the 168? and replace with a fixed resistor after??
Thanks

Albert

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.