• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Canadian GB for Goldwood GW-1858?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Originally posted by speakrsrfun

I have to repurchase another DCX2496

Sorry to hear it as well. I'm actually wondering if one of these might not make life easier for tweaking up a crossover before committing to expensive chokes and caps. Is that what you are using it for, or is it dedicated to one speaker system?

Regards.

Aengus

Exactly what I'm using it for, I have several XLR-RCA and vise versa cables I made and run the DCX2496 as a dedicated three way crossover currently in a two way bi-amp plus sub setup with a FE126E from 300up and a group of 4 Silver flute 5.5" from 60-300 and a Peerless 12" XLS sub per side for the lower re-enforcement. Honestly it has an amazing amount of flexability and the ability to do things impossible with a standard X-over. Plus if your tech savy you can direct connect to your PC for custom slopes, EQ's and room artifact adjustment, truely a good piece to have if you have multipe amps at your disposal.

In an OB setup it would be ideal as you could augment the bottom end to have it flat to 10Hz if your heart so desired as slopes are up to 48dB/Oct and fully adjustable, and anywhere the Fullrange falls short of or anything that aggrivates things you simply address with the DCX2496 and it's that simple, a GREAT TOOL, Peace.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Aengus said:
I'm actually wondering if one of these might not make life easier for tweaking up a crossover before committing to expensive chokes and caps. Is that what you are using it for, or is it dedicated to one speaker system?

I borrowed one for a while to work out the Tysen XO. Sounded like crap thou. I still want one -- in my budgeting i have to allow for at least some basic mods.

dave

Originally posted by planet10

Sounded like crap thou. I still want one -- in my budgeting i have to allow for at least some basic mods.

Sounds like it worked for figuring out the x-over points though? If it did that, I guess I'd use it and live with it for a while, planning to do mods on it eventually.

If enough Victoria people were interested in using one intermittently (i.e., not permanently installed as a crossover but just to figure out crossover points), it might be worth considering buying one jointly and sharing it around. I've done that with others on a high-quality negative scanner and that's worked well - it is a bit different in that scanning in 35mm negs is kind of like record washing: the results are good but it's not something anyone wants to do for hours at a time. :D Whereas with the DCX-2496, there would be a temptation to just leave it in place...

Regards.

Aengus

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Aengus said:
Sounds like it worked for figuring out the x-over points though? If it did that, I guess I'd use it and live with it for a while, planning to do mods on it eventually.

Only the measuring mic could stand listening to it. But we were using an analog input, supposedly that is verbotten.

If enough Victoria people were interested in using one intermittently (i.e., not permanently installed as a crossover but just to figure out crossover points), it might be worth considering buying one jointly and sharing it around. I've done that with others on a high-quality negative scanner and that's worked well - it is a bit different in that scanning in 35mm negs is kind of like record washing: the results are good but it's not something anyone wants to do for hours at a time. :D Whereas with the DCX-2496, there would be a temptation to just leave it in place...

That would work... i was hoping to see and try that neg scanner at Demis'

dave

Bump.

Looks as if we may have all the interest that there is for this GB. I propose to wait until end-of-day Monday (May 18) and then start the process of collecting $$ and ordering the drivers. If anyone has a reason to wait a bit longer, I have no problem with that, but do let us know what the reason is.

AFAIK, the interested parties, and the quantities, are still:

Person -- Qty.

Aengus -- 2
Doorman -- 2
Leadbelly -- 2 or 3
Planet10 -- 2
Russell Dawkins -- 4

Total 12 or 13.

Regards.

Aengus

OK, prices:

Quantity 9 or fewer: Can$85 per driver.
Quantity 10 or greater: Can$80 per driver.

Shipping not included; delivery to VIDIY will likely be free, however, if you want to wait until then.

Current interest is:

Person -- Qty.

Aengus -- 2
Doorman -- 2
Leadbelly -- 2 or 3
Planet10 -- 2
Russell Dawkins -- 2

Total 10 or 11.

If you're on the list, please confirm whether you are interested at the prices shown (I think this is a good deal).

Planet10, YGM.

Regards.

Aengus

I just added a note to the Jordan/Goldwood thread saying that the GB was happening, in case there's anyone who might be interested but has missed it so far.

So let's say, now we have prices, that we'll determine the price (<10/>10 dependent) based on the interest we have by next Friday, and start collecting $$ then.

Regards.

Aengus

Looks like:

Person -- Qty. -- Confirmed (Y/N)

Aengus -- 2 -- Y
albertli -- 2 -- Y? (depends on delivery)
doorman -- 2 -- N
Illusis -- 2 -- Y
Leadbelly -- 2 or 3 -- N
planet10 -- 2 -- Y
Russell Dawkins -- 2 -- Y

Total 14 or 15; total confirmed 8 - 10.

Doorman, Leadbelly - are you still interested?

Bob, do you ever get to Vancouver and, if yes, is it possible to get drivers to albertli at some point?

Regards.

Aengus

Sonotube implementation

Off-topic, but possibly of interest:

Anyone else (on VI or lower mainland) interested in using Sonotube for the H-frame? I reckon we could get enough for 8 speakers from a 12' length of 24" tube.

Alternately, anyone got 3' of the stuff they can spare?

Regards.

Aengus

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.