Cal's next venture

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was kind of hoping you would say that Dave. My drill is at the ready. :) But, it will be an XO of 200 Hz min. so is it still a BR? Maybe higher than 200 depending on how it sounds.

Anyways, project on hold until I return from Seattle Saturday night. Inspector refresher courses are in order even for an old dog like me. Too bad there won't be time to visit Terry while I'm down there. See y'all when I return.

Cheers.

I was kind of hoping you would say that Dave. My drill is at the ready. :) But, it will be an XO of 200 Hz min. so is it still a BR? Maybe higher than 200 depending on how it sounds.

Anyways, project on hold until I return from Seattle Saturday night. Inspector refresher courses are in order even for an old dog like me. Too bad there won't be time to visit Terry while I'm down there. See y'all when I return.

Cheers.

If I had known you were coming I could have made plans. As it is, I'll be at home with my Grand-daughters Saturday while the wife and our son are at a Gun Show.

I would have thought that you guys up in the frozen North would have gone into hibernation by now.
:D

Best Regards,
Terry

Had a little time today so I loaded the boxes into the truck and took them to the old place and had a go at 'er. Pics of the insulation and then assembled and hooked up. Comments coming up soon. The honey-do list was neglected today so I'm in hiding. She thinks I'm in the bathroom. :)

Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_1546.jpg
    IMG_1546.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1548.jpg
    IMG_1548.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 145
Hi John, nice to see you back and thanks for the complements. Ya, cleats, installed ahead of assembly make Cal's life easy when it comes to assembly. Funny, when I look at the pic it tells me there's a guy who wears gloves a lot. Not true, I just like to wash my hands in MEK. ;)

Cal,

That looks to be a speaker worthy of it's celebrated builder! I can hardly wait until you get the other speaker (right channel?) built. That's going to be just awesome.
:D

Best Regards,
Terry

OK so now for some thoughts:

They are tri-amped with Tascam 30 WPC "semi-pro" amps. They are XO'd with a Behringer 2310 on each. I set them for 200 Hz and 2K to start but when turned up I found that 125 and 3K worked better. I am quite taken by the sensitivity. At no point did I need anything more for the bass. I know those little amps are great but I was thinking I might need one for each channel or maybe even a real amp even for the short 30 minute or so test I did today. No need. These are a real R&R speaker and were so f***ing loud that 30 minutes was all I could take. The bass, while not deep, is really punchy as you'd like from this kind of set up and the Sammi's performed better than expected. The vocals were not laboured and the tweeter with it's massive motor sounded better than I would have thought. All in all I am very pleased.

Time for a beer.

:cheers: :drink:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.