Bryston 4B SST clone

1n914

I don't think replacing the zener will change anything. The zener is just a voltage reference and the darlington transistor configuration draws a very small amount of base current.
The MJE15034 is responsible for delivering enough current, and must have a sufficient heatsink.
I think this regulator has enough current capabilities to supply an additional DOA33.
Try it, and just feel the MJE15034 not heating too much. I don't think it will.

thank you for the information.. are you using 1n914 diodes? It looks very nice

Attachments

• IMG_20211119_155239.jpg
    IMG_20211119_155239.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 316
@ EVERYONE

This is a very exiciting prospect, getting the Bryston 4BSST sound at a fraction of the price, and getting to build it yourself!

So what's the update from those who have built them already. Are you happy with it? Any pitfalls that new builders should keep in mind? Anything you would have done differently? Is it recommended to buy the prepopulated boards or best to populate it yourself?

Уважаемые коллеги, хочу попросить статистику. Клон был построен давно. В чем надежность продукта? Бывают случаи в сети их выхода из строя по причине выходных транзисторов одного плеча. Пожалуйста, сделайте обзор. Насколько важен точный подборных 21193-94.