Bryston 4B SST clone

Discussion about exhaust transistors.
Thanks Alexsandr!

I do indeed appreciate your help.

Over the past week I had dilemmas whether to proceed with this project due to lack of MJL21193/MJL21194. Currently, it is virtually impossible to purchase these transistor pairs from reputable supplier - there are just few MJL21193 left whilst lead times for the complementary are prohibitively long. I have also considered using TO-3 MJ variants, but in the recent past I had bad experience with ON-Semi TO-3 devices. Namely, I have more than a dozen of brand new MJ15003/04 which are useless: their hFEs are in two groups differing by much more than 50%. On the other hand, I have almost perfectly matched 2SA1943/2SC5200 pairs, Also NJW3281G/1302G devices match just fine. I will abandon the path involving MJL21193/MJL21194 because I suspect none of them would ever match fine.

As far as I understand, Chalky is also experimenting with "faster" devices due to this problem. I intend to follow his path. Could be fun.

Will you use the input module ?
Of course. I will use also the PSU board, with everything you need integrated: Soft-start and separate speaker protection for both chanels are precious.
Only one thing regarding the PSU worries me: I prefer dual-mono where both sides are separated, except the input grounds. This is the guarantee for easily achieving a totally silent amplifier. That's what we all want: to hear nothing when nothing is at the input.

Pay attention to CF1 in the feedback.

Attachments

• Презентация1.jpg
    Презентация1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 169