Bob Cordell's Power amplifier book

As before I'm sure this is YOUR amplifier there is no evidence that you have bothered to go through the effort to enter and analyze any alternative solution presented by others. In the spirit of teaching others what can be done I have decided to do it for you.
Thank you, but sometimes the implementation of the councils leads to losses. Causes of losses are quite clear.

Disabled Account
Joined 2014
Scott I want to study you circuit from post 7932. You mentioned placing in the public domain. Was there a thread for this and other mentioned works on this forum?
If so what the name of the tread.

It's close to the same circuit he posted here he is just killing some more gain in the diff "VAS" and using some feedforward from the front to the buffer.
S

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I have finally gotten around to cleaning up the LTspice file and posting the circuit simulation file for the DH220C.

Cheers,
Bob
Dear Bob,

happy new year to you and all others too!

Many thanks for providing us the updated schematic and simulation file! Would it be possible for you to post the needed (and maybe updated?) include files too?
Code:
.include Cordell Models.txt
.include LMOSFETs Ks.txt
.include JFET models.txt
BR, Toni

Dear Bob,

happy new year to you and all others too!

Many thanks for providing us the updated schematic and simulation file! Would it be possible for you to post the needed (and maybe updated?) include files too?
Code:
.include Cordell Models.txt
.include LMOSFETs Ks.txt
.include JFET models.txt
BR, Toni

Here are the include files.

Cheers,
Bob

Attachments

• LMOSFETs Ks.txt
    483 bytes · Views: 109
  • JFET models.txt
    987 bytes · Views: 112
  • Cordell Models.txt
    12.1 KB · Views: 101
Bob I can't save the file to disk from LTspice.
Win says it is write protected.

I didn't know they were write protected. I tried downloading the to disk and it worked for me. I just clicked on the file, clicked on "show in folder", then copied it from the download folder to my destination folder and opened it in that folder.

Let me know if this does not work for you.

Cheers,
Bob

I didn't know they were write protected. I tried downloading the to disk and it worked for me. I just clicked on the file, clicked on "show in folder", then copied it from the download folder to my destination folder and opened it in that folder.

Let me know if this does not work for you.

Cheers,
Bob

It's okay Bob. I found a way around it.
It's just win10's overly protected system.

That's okay. sf1412 linked to it for me.

Thanks, sf1412

Good, so I don't have to repeat myself. If you search the web for an OPA627 schematic there is a similar second stage and I was fooling around with making it fully complementary. I describe what is going on in the first post, all 4 Vas transistors are bootstrapped to the output so the DC errors and the effect of Cob become common mode and do not appear in the signal path. In that example I simply used am IC buffer as an output stage. The resistors are doing the same thing as in Bob's circuit, preventing the voltages from being undefined in the presence of inevitable device offsets. In the picture I think the Aol was about 1e7 with the 2K resistors.

Now to Muntz up Bob's circuit. :D

Last edited:
Good, so I don't have to repeat myself. If you search the web for an OPA627 schematic there is a similar second stage and I was fooling around with making it fully complementary. I describe what is going on in the first post, all 4 Vas transistors are bootstrapped to the output so the DC errors and the effect of Cob become common mode and do not appear in the signal path. In that example I simply used am IC buffer as an output stage. The resistors are doing the same thing as in Bob's circuit, preventing the voltages from being undefined in the presence of inevitable device offsets. In the picture I think the Aol was about 1e7 with the 2K resistors.

Now to Muntz up Bob's circuit. :D

No need to repeat. Just point.

I wonder the same! I've built a few sub circuits that scott had shown and they've worked like magic and that's great learning for me even after spending almost 30 years in telecom electronics!
(thanks Scott!)

It is beyond me why someone would continue to argue with two or more master electrical engineers who have some 40 years of experience behind them.

But it does seem that someone shows up ever few month to do so.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
It is beyond me why someone would continue to argue with two or more master electrical engineers who have some 40 years of experience behind them.

But it does seem that someone shows up ever few month to do so.

I think it is part of the language barrier. I told him twice that 'model' and 'circuit' are two different things, but he keeps using 'model' for what looks like the complete circuit. Must be the Google translator.

Jan

I think it is part of the language barrier. I told him twice that 'model' and 'circuit' are two different things, but he keeps using 'model' for what looks like the complete circuit. Must be the Google translator.

Jan
Jean, thanks for the tip. We, in Russia, called the model as a line with parameters of the transistor, and schematics of the product. I find it hard to break the habit.