• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aurum Cantus G2Si Ribbon Tweeter group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just hope we get something really good building with this tweets
and i couldnt thank Dirkd enough for getting this to work.

I believe this is quite a bargain we have here.

Just a side note to those UK buyers participating in this GP/GB.

I've done a few reading on projects using ribbons throughout
this forum and i found out that instead of using power resistors
to pad those extra sensitivity, the use of transformer based
attenuators http://www.sowter.co.uk/acatalog/SOWTER_ATTENUATORS_27.html is said to give better preservation of the reproduced sound for the tweeters due to stable power reduction and none
of those reduction in amplifier damping factor caused by resistive "L-pads".

Ofcourse there are those cheap ones available but i would be nice
if there are interest from our UK friends to organise a GP for
the SOWTERS.Just a thought if its worthwhile.

Wating for the ribbons

Toaster said:
Any progress Dirk? Seems to've been a long time with no update.

ralphs99 said:
I'm curious too, Toaster.

I've sent Dirk an email asking for an update.

Cheers, Ralph.

It's nice to see that we all have patience, but want to know what the waiting is for!

Just send us a note Dirk so we know how things are going over there.

Audiofanatic :bigeyes:

Hi there

Sorry for only getting back to you guys now. I was out of town for a few days and only received your messages when I got back. I actually feel very embarassed that my supplier is taking so long with the group buy. However, I believe that the tweeters have finally arrived in SA and are being cleared by customs at the moment. I will keep you up to date with the progress.

Regards

Dirk

DirkD...

I've read somewhere in the forum that you have had experience using G2 tweeter along with Max fidelity
MF130-75 H4.

Will you be able to share your setup and experience with this combo?
As i am also having my tweeters soon (i hope) from this GP, maybe i could also order the maxfidelity mid
to start my project.

Hi there guys

I am really sorry for the very long delays in getting the tweeters. It has turned into a real comedy of errors with some misunderstandings between the factory and local agents. Apparantly the tweeters were destined to be shipped via airmail, but ended up via a surface shipment. The local supplier, trying to passify me (I am livid by now as you can imagine) told me that the tweeters have arrived in the country thinking that they should arrive shortly. I have seen proof that the tweeters have been shipped, but I beg some more patience as they make their way accross the Indian Ocean on board a ship.

I would once again to thank everyone for their patience and please accepte my apologies for the delays.

Regards

Dirk

PS Hi there Irwin

I designed a little two way monitor using the Max Fidelity woofer for guy who wanted to market them. He bought the design from me, so I am not allowed to publish the crossover but I can give you my impressions of the woofer and tweeter combo. The Max Fidelity woofer is a Dynaudio clone, and souns like it. Excellent tight and deep bass for such a small woofer. It's very good clean and clear midrange and speed matches the AC tweeters very well. In my opinion it is very highly recommended, and I am surprised that so few people have actually tried it. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for the update Dirk.

Can you give an approximate date when they will be in your possesion? If they are on board ship now, does that mean another 4 weeks?
The reason I ask is that my project is being delayed, and I need to know when I can resume it and think about what I can do in the mean time.

Cheers,
Ralph.

Hi there guys

I am sorry for not responding to any enquiries, but I was away on leave for a few weeks. Got back today and had a heap of e-mails.

I will follow up with the agent today to find out what is happening. Will report back soon. I am in the same boat as all of you. I also ordered and paid for a pair of tweeters and I am also waiting to finish a project. Very frustrating!

Regards

Dirk

Hi all

Just a note to let you guys know that I have not vanished. I am however experiencing problems with my e-mail currently.

Unfortunately no news yet on the GB. The whole country is on summer vacation, so it is very difficult to get any response to my enquiries. I will however persevere and keep you informed.

Dirk

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.