• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aurum Cantus G2Si Ribbon Tweeter group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DirkD said:
The group buy is still active. I need some more people to get on board before I can go ahead with the order. Anyone else interested?

Let's give it another couple of weeks and then finalize the orders.

Regards

Dirk

Hi Dirk,

I'm not in a hurry, I don't think the other forum members are ider, correct me if I'm wrong :eek:
So take your time and wait untill you've reach the minimum you need to order and than we all will be happy ;)

Regards,

Audiofanatic ;)

Hi there

At this rate we should be able to do this group buy shortly.

Pamaz
I added a pair of tweeters for you.

Thanx for you patience Audiofanatic!

Irwin AR
Will do!

RJB
Freight to all international destinations works out to just about $50. Let me know if you're in for a pair.

Regards

Dirk

Irwin AR
Price for G2 ribbons if purchased along with the group buy is $110 each (compared to $179 from E-speakers) + $60 shipping per pair. Your choice of colour or faceplate shape.

Audiofanatic
The G2Si tweeters are only available with a black round faceplate. If you want a different shape you would have to look at the G2. See my comment to Irwin AR.

Hi there Irwin, AR

As far as technical differences are concerned, let me repeat the info on the A C website:

G2Si is especially designed for large-scale speaker system manufacturers.
G2Si is a high quality and compact aluminum ribbon tweeter and has an attractive price. It is the best choice for you to develop your new products!
G2Si is characterized by: owing to very light moving mass of aluminum ribbon and using N45 NdFeB magnet as guarantee, and it can get broad frequency response range and 96dB high efficiency. G2Si is not only rich in harmonic, but also natural and elegant in timbre. It is fit for all types of music playing, especially have excellent performance when playing orchestral music and striking music. G2Si has a good power-handling capacity and can ensure low distortion when in strong dynamics.

Technical data

Rated impedance: 6Ħ
Rated Power: 30W
Sensitivity: 96dB/W/M
Frequency range: 1700Hz-40kHz
Dimension of aluminum ribbon(WLT)�F8.5mm�~60mm�~0.01mm
Shape of aluminum ribbon: wave
Mass of aluminum ribbon: 12mg
Moving area of aluminum ribbon: 510mm2
Gap Flux: 0.58 Tesla
Frequency cut recommended: over 2500Hz
Material of mounting faceplate: aluminum, CNC processing, surface with anodizing electroplating finish.
Dimension of mounting faceplate: ƒÓ110mm�~T4mm
Outside dimension: ƒÓ110�~D84
Weight: 1.05kg/pc

G2 is our one compact aluminum ribbon tweeter. It is perfect for use in two-way systems design or more than two-way systems design, and also can be used as a super tweeter to make up the defect of high frequency in loudspeaker system.

Technical data(Patent No.ZL98 2 46922.5)

Rated impedance: 8Ħ
Rated power: 40W
Sensitivity: 96dB/W/M
Frequency range: 1700Hz�|40KHz�}3dB
Ribbon dimension (mm): 8.5W�~70L�~0.01T
Ribbon shape: wave
Magnet: magnet shielded
Recommended frequency cut: above 2500Hz
External dimension (mm): 74W�~120H�~90D
Weight: 1.15Kg/pc

The Frequency response graphs on their site shows a somewhat smoother frequency response from the G2.

From a personal experience point of view I can tell you that I designed a small two way speaker for a local company using the G2 tweeter and it was absolutely magnificent. The G2Si, however is not far behind in terms of resolution and naturalness of timbre. The G2 can be crossed over at a lower frequency than the G2Si because of it's higher power handling. You can also use a lower order crossover with the G2.

The G2Si was developed to offer OEM's a ribbon tweeter for use in (for lack of a better description) mass market products. It is therefore very competetively priced in order to beat the competion from more traditional tweeter manufacturers. We as DIY'ers are surely the winners in this!

Regards

Dirk

I would like to know what the general feeling is about this group buy. Should we get going on placing the order (and hope that I can negotiate the same discount with far less than the required 30 pairs) or should we keep the thread alive a bit longer and see if there is more interest?

Regards

Dirk

DirkD said:
I would like to know what the general feeling is about this group buy. Should we get going on placing the order (and hope that I can negotiate the same discount with far less than the required 30 pairs) or should we keep the thread alive a bit longer and see if there is more interest?

Regards

Dirk

Dirk, I'll take two pair if it will help and I'm not too late.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.