Are you ready to face strong emotions?.. Dx Blame MKII and the Supercharged release!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey yeah bro! maybe those caps aren't the value that suppose to be C3 and C13 uhmm... ok let me see there are those "eBay's caps maybe they don't have the correct value I assume ... what I have on hand is 180pF MICA can I use that just to test it out in place of C13 and C3 ? Vostro

Regards

vargasmongo3435

The Dx Multibord works!

Hey guys the Dx Blame multiboard works fantastic !

I just follow the website instruction and all works the way supose to be and I'm really happy how turns out the sound is really good lots of bass I tested maybe for 3 hours all good, this amp can work on lower voltage I'm using right now is +24 0 -24, a good heat sink "just for testing purpose", and I use all the parts that fit Dx Blame ST except the main power transistors also I have to order the right 100pF caps but so far the initial adjustment was smooth, so yeah I'm really happy with the results, also to describe it is kind of strong even with this settings for just two main transistors ? that woofers move like a car audio competition I be like damn! here are more closer pictures :D:wave2: you will notice that the TO-92 transistors are backwords is because I'm using BC546 and BC556 looks weird je je je je take care guys! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeejuuuuuuuuu!

Regards
vargasmongo3435

Attachments

• Dx Blame ST 1.jpg
    Dx Blame ST 1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 341
  • Dx Blame ST 2.jpg
    Dx Blame ST 2.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 339
  • Dx Blame ST 3.jpg
    Dx Blame ST 3.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 319
  • Dx Blame ST 4.jpg
    Dx Blame ST 4.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 319
That's the magic of this amplifier... if you are already happy you become much more

and if you are not a happy guy, then you start to smile and dance.

The magic is to touch our soul with real good sound.

I am glad i could show a lot of folks how to be happy.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Happy.jpg
    Happy.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
Thank you ... i feel good knowing that.... very kind from you to say that

My history was filled with frustration...i started down the sixties assembling magazine (full or errors) schematics... and they used to explode in my face... i had not knowledge to perceive big mistakes in the circuit.... more than 70 percent of failure, i have assembled thousands, but only 30 percent have worked in a reasonable way.

I have tried to ask things to writters, but they use to vomit high level mathematic formulas that i could not understand... snobbing me all the time i have never found someone like Hugh Dean that helped me a lot... and some other few guys.

My pleasure, in the reality a revenge against the destiny, a payback, it to help everyone explaining all i have learned...this way these people will loose their power to snob us.

They used to complicate when things are easy to understand..the flow of energy is alike a building with watter reserve and many tubes of plumbing in different diameters..this is the analogy to make things easy to understand..but they used to fool me... i have helped hundreds, the revenge was sweet, the ones that have fooled me are already being eated by worms down the earth in their graves...i wish them a good stay in hell.:D

regards,

Carlos

New board jumper option and audio demo 2 video parts

I'm really happy with the results. quick note:, the camera that I use cannot catch all low frequencies and high frequencies .Also I did say a few wrong things but I don't have time to fix them I just made the video " uncut " no time to be that perfect or edit the video just as I take the video out of camera and uploaded, I just keep going and fix myself as I go that is why I say sorry a few times. The options for the jumper I didn’t specified the type of transistor for the version of the amplifier you want to build so, MJE15033/32 you place the jumpers as the original layout, if you are to use BD139/40 you have the options of jumper that allow you to use the whole heat sink so you avoid have to make modifications to the board or complicated heat sink solutions. Is just an idea that I have and just came out a few weeks after I decide to build Dx Blame ST so I find out about the BD139/40 BCE was ECB and change and that change my perceptions, yes in the video I might sound funny or have weird accent but that is the way I’m just a happy guy jejejejejejejeje. About this new layout probably I will order 2 more boards later to see how this new way of multi use work but for now I have to make sure after I get the 2 100pF MICA caps check for the audio again, I forgot to mention that the C13 and C24 I place 2 100nF caps but it wasn’t my mistake, the bag that I have was label “100pF” but in reality they were 100nF so that is why it sounded so dull and no highs or mids sounds, just deep bass so yeah guys finally my dream come true and I learn a lot of things for the past few months specially in layouts, there are many considerations when you get a really good layout for example from Miguel Nabuco and in my mind I try it to keep as the original as possible but since I find out that more useful things can be added make this already good layout even better and more DIY friendly, I’m not trying to replace mister Nabucos layouts, no sir, I wish I have the originals boards in my hands I be honor to have those boards, also as you can see I don’t have expensive equipment in my room just a multimeter and a soldering gun. There are many people around the world that don’t have the luxury of have expensive testing equipment to test out audio amplifiers while you building one, so mister Carlos team did something good that can be done all around the world to enjoy and be happy, my father he is 81 years old and he saw the amplifier and you know guys what he told me? “son, this remind me my first tube amplifier first in class best sound!” you know how happy that make me my father saw my Dx Blame ST working, that really means a lot to me, alright guys have a good day for all of you that pass by this forum, if you want to be happy? Build a Dx Blame amplifier warranty it will make you smile or dance. :D

Dx Blame ST build in Puerto Rico part 1 - YouTube

Dx Blame ST build in Puerto Rico part 2 - YouTube

Regards
vargasmongo3435

place the bd-transistors under the pcb from the bottom side of a heatsink if it is possible. i beleive that it would be good for stability of an amplifier. the other way would be to cut the routes that guide to B and E (C is almost always in the middle) and to re-route it with short wires. anyway,i would place them on a same heatsink with output transistors.

Yes is the best option

place the bd-transistors under the pcb from the bottom side of a heatsink if it is possible. i beleive that it would be good for stability of an amplifier. the other way would be to cut the routes that guide to B and E (C is almost always in the middle) and to re-route it with short wires. anyway,i would place them on a same heatsink with output transistors.

You are right my friend having the BD's into the main heat sink is the best choice, I think wire them out under the heat or on top of the main heat sink is the best choice as you said thank you for the tip now I visualize that hell yeah! thank man. :D

Regards
Juan

Thank you Juan...i am 125 kilos now a days.

Your camera is not capturing bass as you told us.... listen this sample.... the Dx Blame is playing... sound is adjusted flat...cheap small speakers, 5 inches or less bass drivers..no internal crossover, no good ambience.... ceramic tiles in the floor.

No bass being captured in your camera dear Juan Vargas - YouTube

regards,

Carlos

Dx Blame ST in Puerto Rico

Yes I did listen to it wow I felt the bass in my Dx Blame ST, isn't that funny? you in Brasil and me in Puerto Rico with Dx ST amp lol is so cool my friend is world wide now je je je je je je I mean it is already world wide know it . thank man. :D

Regads
Juan

Attachments

• me.PNG
    me.PNG
    16.9 KB · Views: 302
  • you.PNG
    you.PNG
    81.5 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.