Are you ready to face strong emotions?.. Dx Blame MKII and the Supercharged release!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Radio Stations and 12V power supply for DIY amplifiers

well in Quebradillas Puerto Rico there are not many radio stations, only 3 a bit far away but the tip of using diode is cool! Hey yesterday I was checking on eBay and you know electronic components and stuff, I saw this that catch my attention: 12V power supply that supply variable voltage up to +60 0 -60 for DIY amplifiers I said what! check this out images. you imaging having Dx Blame ST in a car? :happy1: crazy lol je je je je je don't worry is just ideas lol.

1000W Switching boost Power Supply board

PCB size:160mm*152mm

Input voltage: DC9-16V
Output voltage:±48V——±60V Adjustable (at 12V input voltage)

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• 12v.JPG
    12v.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 345
  • 12v 2.JPG
    12v 2.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 336
  • me.PNG
    me.PNG
    55 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
33R 2W will still as the original schematic

o_O uhm? I'm scare now je je je je ok got it! is all good..... hey wait! about the resistors... do you mean don't install those diodes in place of the 33 ohms 2W resistors isn't that correct? ay mama mia! " Mario " je je je je

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    66.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    72.3 KB · Views: 94
Yep, she did...she gonna spend hours in the customs when arriving tomorrow

Luggage is filled till the top with creams for skin, paint for hair, hair dryer, styling mousse and a lot of gadgets.

Three of them are travelling.... cousines, almost sisters... one has dark brown hairs, my wife has dark hairs (Black) and a blond one is the third.

Try my facebook Joe! ... type Carlos Eugênio Mergulhão...i do think you will not need these signs... Eugenio and Mergulhao may fit.

They are in Boston, and this name sounds alike pooh in Portuguese.... this is the way i feel, alike swimming in a Boston pool so lonely i am.

The abandoned dog is the way i feel....hehehehe.:(

picture is "3 witches of Eastwick".. a good movie.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• They are in Boston.jpg
    They are in Boston.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 111
  • Girls.jpg
    Girls.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 115
  • Dog.jpg
    Dog.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 90
Mr.Carlos sir, I know just how you feel. My little Evette is in Domican Repulic and I really miss her so much,,So I feel sad and depressed without her..I,m sure you feel the same way when your kids came to the states. You have a great family love and enjoy them as much as you can. NOW GET BACK TO WORK AND DESIGN MORE AMPLIFERS. LOL Evette

The waster... an amplifier that waste energy...i was thinking about that

To do something very stupid, very different.... something strange..to have fun.

Imagine dear Evette (and other friends), that you have an amplifier operating class A, single end and with a speaker coil as a load.... well.... DC will move this speaker diafragm outside the frame or inward the frame..... BUT....if you have a double coil speaker...and the next coil you install a DC supply, with inverted polarity, this will move the speaker back again to the resting position...hehehehe... stupid thing, but may be interesting.

I was thinking about that a couple of years ago... direct coupling to the power output transistor..coil in series with the colector to emitter circuit.. class A operation...and a DC stabilized supply to the inverting action coil... a double coil speaker used.

You know...all we do make sense.... i am old and tired to make sense...i want to make something non sense.

Hehehehe....becoming old and crazy.

I told this to Nelson Pass a couple of years ago...he said he tried that once....of course i was not the first one to think about that..other guys are crazy too.

You are right Joseph... was not easy to be without my girls...i am half dead inside.

Domenican Republic?.... Brasil has troops there.

regards,

Carlos:)

Attachments

• Larissa.jpg
    Larissa.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 316
  • Brazilian troops was there.jpg
    Brazilian troops was there.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
Along the seventies they had a war... and Brazilian troops

was called to be in between the people fight, the idea was to stop the fight.

Because of some troops was there, a platoon remained there for peace reasons...they are UN troops constituted by majority of Brazilians.

In the reality, dear Joseph, they get married there and constitute families and did not want to return... these guys there are the second or third generation ...ahahahahah!

Thank you Joseph...but no more amplifiers, i get too much tired working for the government... my free time is spent with family and watching movies to learn something from world history.... my Satelite TV receiver was abandoned due to poor things being made in History channel, National Geographic and Discovery, documentaries from Youtube is what i love to watch now a days, at least 3 hours a day.

Double coil speakers are hard to find in Brazil (or to much expensive) so, the next project (Waster) will not be developed because of that.... also high power will not work with current crossing speaker coils the way i intended to do.... coils would smoke.

regards to you too A. Wayne.

Carlos

Last edited:
I got Dx Blame ST working but...

Hey Carlos when you get a chance I have Dx Blame ST multiboard working but it does not sound clear tweeters and mid range, maybe because I'm using low voltage supply I only have +24 0 -24 supply or maybe I by mistake place a wrong resistor or cap, but sound of bass is really clear and deep bass here is my " test station" images :D also there are no distortions and no heat up components, no burn out, is just that I don't know why it does not sound clear is like it has a low pass filter or something I got check tomorrow with patience at least I got it working :rolleyes:, also to be more descriptive a place my ear close to the speaker and there is no humming sound at all just like Dx Blame MKIII Hx maybe you know what part of the area is controlling the trebles and mid I'm not sure where to look for if you can help me out I really appreciated.

part that I use tranies:

BD139
BD140
BC556
BC546
MJL3281A
MJL1302A

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• DSC02157 Juan.jpg
    DSC02157 Juan.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC02156 Juan 2.jpg
    DSC02156 Juan 2.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 247
I see a single electrolytic used in C1 and think this may be wrong. You need to use a non polarised capacitor in c1 or you can use 2 electrolytics with some track mods. In that case the 2 electrolytics become a single non polarised capacitor. If you use the second method you will need 22uf electro's to make a total c1 of 11uf. Please see attached pdf.

Regards

Simon

Attachments

• DX Blame ST pcb layout V1.5c.pdf
    98.4 KB · Views: 176
weird things happen I got to check...

But the cap I'm using it is BP non polarized that is the weird thing :eek: , but the thing is, all work fine I can adjust the trim pot with no problem it does respond after a check the voltage it does what it suppose to do, also check the output voltage in AC reading and give me 0 volts just t like the instruction in the website, but at least I got to work the first time that is weird too lol because I always build something and I got it working almost 99.99%, and this is the ST I could just build the Supercharged if I want it but I already have MKIII Hx, " that Army MOS 94F" got me going on lol, well my friend thanks for point me out that I'm going to try two caps to see is that the is reason I don't have the highs and mids clear, " bass is good" excuseme for what I'm going to said, " I'm happy like a mother fuc#$%$^**# for this build lol :D

Regards
vargasmongo3435

Attachments

• Juan 1.jpg
    Juan 1.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 221
  • Juan 2.jpg
    Juan 2.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Juan 3.jpg
    Juan 3.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 88
Yes you right my dear Andrew I just cut the detail explanations I just writing in plain simple English I'm not trying to sound too technical lol and yes my multi reads 0.034m's "something", is cool bro but I still have the problem I change the C1 to a really small size 1uF and not respond so now I now is not C1 the problem what could be ?

Regards
vargasmongo3435

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.