Are you ready to face strong emotions?.. Dx Blame MKII and the Supercharged release!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Second board 98% done just one more part and is ready to be test it ...:rolleyes:

Regards
vargasmongo3435

Attachments

• DSC02239p.jpg
    DSC02239p.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 355
  • DSC02241p.jpg
    DSC02241p.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 325
  • DSC02242p.jpg
    DSC02242p.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 309
  • DSC02243p.jpg
    DSC02243p.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 308
My dear Juan..... my amplifiers are not magic..they are just good

and the main reason they are superior is the fact i do not use preamplifiers, tone controls or anything that can mess with the sonics in the input.

I would like to let people know that i do not suggest, nor support, or recommend the use of pre amplifiers/ processors/ tone controls/ boosters/ equalizers/ filters/ attenuators or anything that can mess with sonics....because this will make my amplifiers so bad as many others that uses this stuff.

Be happy with your tone control.... i am just informing you posted in a Dx thread..but this have not my support...you have the support to post here and anywhere, but this does not mean i am supporting the use of this stuff.

Protecting my quality is avoid people to introduce preamplifiers or any kind of modifications that can impair sonics.... as i said...this is the MAIN advantage i have when you compare my amplifier with others...they use to have a lot of stuff inside the audio chain to produce a mess in the sonics.

No, uncle charlie is not mad, or angry or upset...i am just standing by to protect the quality of mine units against misunderstanding...as you are always promoting my units, producing pcboards, movies and such kind of stuff, then people can understand (wrong way) that i am supporting tone controls... and this is something will tremble my bones even after my death...for sure i will shake inside the thumb if someone install a chip pre amplifier or tone control together a Dx amplifier.... a heresy, a sin or a curse on my soul.:eek:

I support you.... your friendship, your presence, your humor, your qualities as a good man...but not chip preamplifiers or tone controls.

Integrated circuits have a lot of parts inside..they use to be complete amplifiers with several distorting stages.... distances, or clearance in between parts, input and output, are too small..this forces to compensate and protect against electro magnetic coupling, oscilations and so on...the result is that chip amplifiers are really bad related audio reproduction and measurements.... i would like to ship them all to the hell with one way ticket.

regards,:)

Carlos

Last edited:
and the main reason they are superior is the fact i do not use preamplifiers, tone controls or anything that can mess with the sonics in the input.
I completely agree that mucking about with the signal can ruin the performance of the system.
I completely disagree that adding all these external equipment and/or controls has anything to do with the performance of the power amplifier.

The performance of the power amplifier is just that. It reproduces the signal fed to it.

oh....! ok then I will fallow your knowledge guys so is not necessary at all, thank you guys for your feed back. :D I be honest I didn't think about that the distortion that this devices can produce I was just "curious" about it that is all, well I just going to concentrate on complete the other channel and take the guts out of a unit I have here to incorporate the Supercharged, one more thing I haven't listed to a stereo amplifier for a long time as today I'm using only one board Supercharged and it sounds really loud I can not imaging how loud and nice will sound with both channels working at the same time wow that would be awesome!

Regards
vargasmongo3435

Last edited:
I will do something and will send you as soon as possible

Now a days i am a hell busy..... but i will manage a way to do.

For a while, dear Juan, go ahead with your project about tone control as this "switch" can be installed after on.

There's only one way to learn things...it is doing, and sensing into real life the results..we must listen and try all ideas....it is not enough for me to say it is no good...i must prove you and i gonna do it as soon as possible.

Listening with tone control and almost instantaneously switching to off tone control, them you will perceive differences after you manage how to twist your volume knob in order to compensate the gain differences you have while using the tone control.....because, we humans, perceive loudness as audio quality.... we perceive loudness as better...so...the factor "loudness" should be minimized in order to you to perceive the subtle difference in audio quality you gonna have with and without a tone control.

Will send you directly and personally , as i have not time (or will) to feed another thread with material.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
uhhaaaa class A on a Supercharger what?! 0.0 wow I got to check that! nice, hey here is my nice plain piece of aluminum lol isn't she pretty ? lol :D don't mind my behavior and in a good mood today so happy :p :note:

Regards
vargasmongo3435

Attachments

• DSC02257.png
    DSC02257.png
    883.1 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC02258.png
    DSC02258.png
    929.7 KB · Views: 287
  • DSC02261.png
    DSC02261.png
    945.7 KB · Views: 260
oh I'm sorry the the one with the main transistors is the Dx Blame ST the other board is the Dx Blame MKII Supercharged I'm just going to change some parts to make them both Supercharged, but my friend the Dx Blame ST sounds really good, but I decide it for more power output must of the music I listen is low frequencies bass so I need a bit more kick. see that is the beauty of this board design you have the option of building. ;)

Regards
vargasmongo3435

Attachments

• DSC02185.jpg
    DSC02185.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 226
I was polishing the aluminum to see how it look I guess is ok also I sanded out before that so the hole left over metal pieces from the drill are gone so make it really flat surface maybe I just going to keep the heat sink opaque not to be shiny, but at least the surface is completely flat. :D

Regards
vargasmongo3435

Attachments

• DSC02271.jpg
    DSC02271.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC02273.jpg
    DSC02273.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC02274.jpg
    DSC02274.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC02277.jpg
    DSC02277.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 82
I was polishing the aluminum to see how it look I guess is ok also I sanded out before that so the hole left over metal pieces from the drill are gone so make it really flat surface maybe I just going to keep the heat sink opaque not to be shiny, but at least the surface is completely flat. :D

Regards
vargasmongo3435

you should try with very fine metal sandpaper.I did the face of my amplifier and it does not look so bad, take a look:

Attachments

• 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    688 KB · Views: 90
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    715.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    713.8 KB · Views: 140
looks good that way dear friend and not polish very good unit you got there lanchile "muito bom" very good. I forgot to mention why I did that, since I now that shine surface will transfer heat "dissipated" a lot faster when I was in the Army the gave me a class about heat dissipation and I saw a transistor on top of a really shine metal surface like a mirror I till today I never figure how a polished surface can transfer heat a lot faster "this is just me don't take me seriously" :D

Regards
vargasmongo

Last edited:
looks good that way dear friend and not polish very good unit you got there lanchile "muito bom" very good. I forgot to mention why I did that, since I now that shine surface will transfer heat "dissipated" a lot faster when I was in the Army the gave me a class about heat dissipation and I saw a transistor on top of a really shine metal surface like a mirror I till today I never figure how a polished surface can transfer heat a lot faster "this is just me don't take me seriously" :D

Regards
vargasmongo

Wow, very interesting about shiny surfaces transfer heat better! But, how often do you have to polish the heatsinks to keep them shiny? maybe I am wrong here, but I think the material of the heatsink is more important... I heard that copper transfers heat better than aluminum. I have never used copper as a heatsinks so I can not say if this is true. one question: is the "supercharged" amp that you are building a class A?

Vostro yes! you right I found that info online a few minutes ago, black matt works better here is the link if you are interesting: also here is my idea of a economical heat sink, on eBay you can buy pieces and put them together so a custom heat sink can be created, I might not need to much area dissipation but I guess is better to go safe. :D

Thermal design

Regards
vargasmongo3435

Attachments

• my idead of custom made heat sinks2.png
    my idead of custom made heat sinks2.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC02281.jpg
    DSC02281.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.