Another F5 build--beautiful music, different drummer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
black is beautiful

Hhhhmmmm......

I'm having second (or third, or fourth...) thoughts about the brushed aluminum end plates I made for the front panel.

Another option it to get them anodized, in the same tone as the rest of the front panel....... It will remove the "contrast", but still retain the contours of the front panel.

Any thoughts, anyone?

I'd say black anodized as per the main panel - I'm attaching a quick & dirty photoshoped pic for you.

Cheers,
bk

Attachments

• 142-black.jpg
    142-black.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 757
did I say Fugly ! ?

you can put layer of black paper on those cheeks , and see how it looks

or you can edit picture

Allllright....! I got an "offical Fugly" from ZM. My thanks..... I really appreciate that.....! :)

P.S. Great minds--I made some wooden mock-ups of the end plates (cheeks), and painted them satin black. They go on today, for a test run....!

I think the amp came out pretty well. More importantly, it sounds fantastic!

Hey CanAmMan, My vote for the end plates, presuming you don't go with the natural aluminum, would be to try either champagne or gold anodizing. That would take the retro a bit further, and might look cool. Not in my skill set, but perhaps some kind soul here could 'shop it to show what it would look like.

Peace,

Dave

Hi CanAm Man,

I purchased a pair of speaker protector for my F5 project, getting the idea from your thread. It did not come with any instruction and I haven't received any reply from the seller yet. It would be great if you could help me out.

What are all those connections? There are
1. Ac-0-AC: The seller suggested to use 12-15V AC, but why are there two AC's? Which one to use?
2. IN: I supposed this is where I connect the output (+) from the amp
3. POS and NEG: What are they and why are there multiple soldering spots for them?

Thank you in advance,

Doug

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.