• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Active filter board GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If a pure 3 way (no sub or other subwoofer crossover) you need 4 crossover boards and at least one PSU. If you want to include crossing to a sub, then add two more boards.

For power, I recommend the superregulator available in the store. I haven't heard it, but reports are good, and considering low quantities of the PSU2.2 board will cost at least as much as the superregulator.

Merlin,

The current requirement depends on the opamps chosen and the features implemented. There are a maximum of 9 opamps, using OPA2134 you can expect a max of 10 mA each, so 90 mA or less per board. Without using any of the EQ options and just the input buffer, you can expect 50 mA per board with a 4th order filter, 30 mA for 2nd.

I've attached the filter and PSU documentation again. The PSU board is a bare board, for building a pair of BC5x6 discrete differential amplifiers eventually driving an MJE1503xs. The current limit is determined by the lower of the rectifier capacity or the pass transistor dissipation. With 1N4007 rectifiers that means about 500 mA max. You can modify the boards (drill larger holes, remove solder mask and solder to both sides) and incorporate TO220 rectifiers with higher current capability.

Again, I strongly recommend the superregulator available in the store.

Attachments

• active_filter_four.zip
    901.5 KB · Views: 100
  • psudesign.zip
    255.4 KB · Views: 72
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.