• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Active filter board GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I didn't take any of the final setup but it's about 98%, which shows a stray blue wire that was tidied up before the lid went on.

Attachments

• P1020634.jpg
    P1020634.jpg
    811 KB · Views: 377
  • RQ AMP01.JPG
    RQ AMP01.JPG
    600.7 KB · Views: 369
I didn't take any of the final setup but it's about 98%, which shows a stray blue wire that was tidied up before the lid went on.

Nice work,

I would run the input signal a different path, so that it does not need to cross either the demodulation inductor or mains transformer of the 50ASX2 module.

Are you happy with the power level of the 50ASX2?

\\\Jens

Nice work,

I would run the input signal a different path, so that it does not need to cross either the demodulation inductor or mains transformer of the 50ASX2 module.

Are you happy with the power level of the 50ASX2?

\\\Jens

Too late, it has been delivered :) If it helps the cable is shielded.

The power is definitely sufficient for my sisters listening level and the size of the room.

I've used a few Icepower amp modules and they seem pretty bullet proof, fingers crossed.

The most important thing is my sister thinks there great, she keeps sending me email telling me so.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I spent a lot of time on this forum lately and I like it a lot. There are many things that I don't know yet about electronics in general, but I'm willing to learn. Maybe I shouldn't post in this thread my question, and I appologize for this in advance. I would like to build an active filter for an 2.1 audio system. The speakers are from an old Philips home cinema system and I would like to use them as a sound system for a PC.
Is there any active filter board available in GB? Or can you recommend me please a schematic for a stereo 2-way active filter, with a low pass filter common for both channels? I don't know how to determine the crossover frequency as the drivers are not for professional use. All drivers are made by Eastech. The 2" drivers are FSI512500-3404, 4 ohm, 25W. The subwoofer is 8 ohm at 50W and don't know the model. I also have 2 small amplifiers with TDA2614 and one with TDA7294 and I want to use them with these speakers.
Thanks,
Adrian

The easiest is to use a single opamp in an LR2 filter, using S&K.
You need one for each high pass and another one for each low pass.
That creates your crossover.

You can take a guess at a crossover frequency based on the size of the drivers.
Then give the speaker a listen.
You may find that you need to add some EQ to each driver channel to get a better sound.

The .1 channel is the two stereo channels summed into a third channel and then filtered to remove the mid and treble.
You can use a single opamp for this in MFB filter topology.

If you don't want to use opamps, there is a good thread on using the B1 as the S&K unity gain stage. It can't be used for the MFB.

Thank you Andrew for the advice.
I was thinking to build the Active Filter Four (Jens Rasmussen). I like this one because you can choose between 2nd and 4th order. Unfortunately for this filter I was not able to find a manual like for the Active Filter Two. In case there is no such a manual, I need to find something else.
Is there any PCB still available in GB for a crossover filter?
Adrian

Attachments

• Active filter 4.pdf
    86.9 KB · Views: 125
adila. KMTech do a variety of crossover PCB's and kits, all LR2 and LR4 I think Items in KMTech Design store on eBay !

Thanks. They have indeed many filters including the one I want to build, 2.1 24dB/oct.
The only think is that I feel that I don't have any contribution if I buy a kit like this. I will probably continue to study this forum and other sources until I will be capable to do something my self. There is no hurry with this project. Anyway I will keep in mind your good suggestion.
Adrian

You're welcome, I understand your thinking. It is a bog standard S&K active crossover, it does what it does perfectly well. You'll probably find anything else you require will be extra to it, ie, EQ and delay. If you want to go in depth, study all of Siegfried Linkwitz pages including his historical designs with the KEF drive units in the 70's.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.