A60(+) Amplifier. Build this?

My coils are installed at the output terminals. There are no problems.

Attachments

• ke3cXMwleaI.jpg
    ke3cXMwleaI.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 153
Have you design PCBs, I like to see, I'm currently looking for a nice amplifier to make, I plan to make my own PCBs design, I need reference design, I gone through this whole thread, and find only PCB design from AliExpress PCBs, not any other,
Have you made your own design or just bought the PCBs and drawn the schematic from it.
Is there any difference between your schematic and PCBs actual schematic

Anyway thank for your schematic,

another thing ,which one is better MA-9S2 clone or A60/A60+
here most of you liked A60
Hi!

Yes, I have made some PCBs the last few years. So far, only the Pioneer Superliear has benn build (by a friend of mine). We played it a couple of weeks ago, sounde fine, but noe measurements. For myself, I am soon able to test 2 amps, the Kaneda 50W and Passs Stasis FE. These two ar made as driver board, so they need output boards to work.

I still have the A60 waiting to be built, but I am really SLOW! :)

Anyway here are pictures of the three amps mentioned:

Pioneer_superlinear_skjema_mg.JPG

Pioneer_superlinear_PCB_mg.JPG

Kaneda_50W_driver_board_skjema_mg.JPG

Kaneda_50W_driver_board_layout_mg.JPG

I have made several verions of output boards. The first I will try with the Kanea is this:

3X_prot_skjema.JPG

3X_prot_PCB.JPG

So the Stasis:

Stasis_FE_V2_skjema_mg.JPG

Stasis_module_01.jpg

Stasis_FE_8X_Output_skjema.JPG

Stasis_FE_8X_output_layout.JPG

PCBs are made with KiCAD and I will happily share files with anyone who wants to use or modify the designs.

Hope this answers your curiosity!

:) morten

Reactions: 1 users

m0rten thanks for your response:giggle:

Hey there
Thanks for sharing your experience, and it's good to know that you willing to share design, that's very kind of you.
But I'm trying to learn more about designing PCBs and dreams about designing schematic one day, but right now I don't have enough experience and resources, so it's little bit hard, but I'll try to make it through some day.
I'm also using KiCad, and kinda facing problems with components library system, it's difficult to set-up, I recently reinstall it due to SSD failure, I lost my 4 months progress in KiCad, lost some design and some very useful information which I collected since July, so I started again from zero,
Currently I'm not capable of designing my own schematics, I'll use which is already available and well documented,

I would like to have custom library if you have any for KiCad,

As for schematics tested are welcomed and any help/guidance in making Layout for PCBs,

I'm trying to find a good amplifier, and decided to make a PCB design for A60/A60+ and MA-9S2
Now I'm struggling to determine which one I should work on.

A60 A60+ seems like easier than MA-9S2,

I liked MA-9S2 but I find difficulty figuring out, how to make DC offset section easier, I mean how can I make it easier like A60,and
Although I have uPC1237 but I didn't have any or anyway getting TA7317 in my stocks,
Planning to use C5200/A1943 in output stage

Hi!

Yes, I have made some PCBs the last few years. So far, only the Pioneer Superliear has benn build (by a friend of mine). We played it a couple of weeks ago, sounde fine, but noe measurements. For myself, I am soon able to test 2 amps, the Kaneda 50W and Passs Stasis FE. These two ar made as driver board, so they need output boards to work.

I still have the A60 waiting to be built, but I am really SLOW! :)

Anyway here are pictures of the three amps mentioned:

View attachment 1241390

View attachment 1241391

View attachment 1241392

View attachment 1241393

I have made several verions of output boards. The first I will try with the Kanea is this:

View attachment 1241396

View attachment 1241397

So the Stasis:

View attachment 1241398

View attachment 1241399

View attachment 1241400

View attachment 1241402

PCBs are made with KiCAD and I will happily share files with anyone who wants to use or modify the designs.

Hope this answers your curiosity!

:) morten
Those Jfets are very difficult to get here, hence costly, I like to have some but I didn't have any idea what which one is better than others, I just know that most of them are no longer in production and difficult to find, and costly too, so I would like to avoid using them

m0rten thanks for your response:giggle:

Hey there
Thanks for sharing your experience, and it's good to know that you willing to share design, that's very kind of you.
But I'm trying to learn more about designing PCBs and dreams about designing schematic one day, but right now I don't have enough experience and resources, so it's little bit hard, but I'll try to make it through some day.
I'm also using KiCad, and kinda facing problems with components library system, it's difficult to set-up, I recently reinstall it due to SSD failure, I lost my 4 months progress in KiCad, lost some design and some very useful information which I collected since July, so I started again from zero,
Currently I'm not capable of designing my own schematics, I'll use which is already available and well documented,

I would like to have custom library if you have any for KiCad,

As for schematics tested are welcomed and any help/guidance in making Layout for PCBs,

I'm trying to find a good amplifier, and decided to make a PCB design for A60/A60+ and MA-9S2
Now I'm struggling to determine which one I should work on.

A60 A60+ seems like easier than MA-9S2,

I liked MA-9S2 but I find difficulty figuring out, how to make DC offset section easier, I mean how can I make it easier like A60,and
Although I have uPC1237 but I didn't have any or anyway getting TA7317 in my stocks,
Planning to use C5200/A1943 in output stage
Sorry for your KiCAD crash!
However, about custom libraries, I don't use it because I find that all symbols I need are already present.

I.e. there are generic transistor symbols for all pinouts. FET & BP.
The only thing I do sometimes, is adjusting pad holes for some components for the PCB. Mostly connectors.
On the 3X output board I did make a custom L/R for the output. It was tedious, and I was not good at it. And it disappeared during the recent update of KiKAD.

I have made KiKAD schematics for A60 and MA9S2 if you would like to have a go. Se attached files.

As for the FETs, I agree. Only reason for me to try the Kaneda is that I had a few 2SK30A in my drawer. (And the man is a legend too..)

I enclose the Superlinear as well, since it has the PCB included as well as the Gerbers. You may not need all the Gerber files, but with these I did get the boards made!

Here is the Superlinear PCB:

Pioneer_superlinear_NextPCB.jpg

Wish you luck in deciding and building!

Attachments

• Pioneer_Superlinear.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 89
  • MA-9S2.zip
    130.7 KB · Views: 85
  • A60+.zip
    171.5 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: 1 users

m0rten

Thanks for your kindness man

It wasn't a KiCad failure, but a cheap SSD drive failure, I used my computer as I received from the seller, the SSD seller used was not good enough, that's why it failed and I lost my data and hard work, I have learnt my lesson, now I have installed 2 drives, SSD(Kingston 1TB NVMe as main boot drive) & HDD( WD Black 1TB as Extra Storage device), as for extra safety I setup a network attached drive too, plus I plan to make sure that I also backup important files to google drive and Microsoft Onedrive, Google gives 15GB free , Microsoft Onedrive gives only 5GB free,

Now I just need to make sure that I backup important files as soon as I finish my project, even if it's not completed.

And Thanks again for sharing your KiCad design, it will boost me in getting back in action and getting work done

Thanks man

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry for your KiCAD crash!
However, about custom libraries, I don't use it because I find that all symbols I need are already present.

I.e. there are generic transistor symbols for all pinouts. FET & BP.
The only thing I do sometimes, is adjusting pad holes for some components for the PCB. Mostly connectors.
On the 3X output board I did make a custom L/R for the output. It was tedious, and I was not good at it. And it disappeared during the recent update of KiKAD.

I have made KiKAD schematics for A60 and MA9S2 if you would like to have a go. Se attached files.

As for the FETs, I agree. Only reason for me to try the Kaneda is that I had a few 2SK30A in my drawer. (And the man is a legend too..)

I enclose the Superlinear as well, since it has the PCB included as well as the Gerbers. You may not need all the Gerber files, but with these I did get the boards made!

Here is the Superlinear PCB:

View attachment 1241466

Wish you luck in deciding and building!
What Pioneer Superlinear amplifier model is here ?

I ordered a kit for self-assembly without capacitors and output transistors. The price was a little more on sale A60. The seller sent everything assembled, with power supply capacitors, but without power transistors. The soldering is good, the equipment is also, version A60++. I need to check everything. I think the seller is from Waileng .

Attachments

• SxoGdv_7Jko.jpg
    SxoGdv_7Jko.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 80
Hello everyone. Has anyone come across this Elna? I found information that after the flood in Thailand the plant was moved to China. This is a replacement for the LAO series. Parameters 9300-9500 uF, esp = 0.02, Vloss = 0.6%, weight = almost 49 grams. Reviews on them good. Will they be enough for the A60+ power supply? Or should I put JCCON 12000 uF?

Attachments

• 7VArGlA4GfM.jpg
    7VArGlA4GfM.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 74
  • gRYHhJTJScA.jpg
    gRYHhJTJScA.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 78
  • uwPs3_OMaRo.jpg
    uwPs3_OMaRo.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 77
  • V2dSqgvvG3Q.jpg
    V2dSqgvvG3Q.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 69
Paroxod4 - Those caps look like they were manufactured in 2014. So almost 10 years old. The fact that they measure 5 to 7% lower than the label rating of 10kuf could be an indicator of age or also that hey are not true Elnas. They will probably work just fine in an A60 amplifier but you should consider the trouble factor of having to swap them out against the cost of using new parts bought from a reputable source.

After reading most of this thread and being impressed with the A60 design and performance I am gathering parts to build an 8 wide A60 and I have a few questions for those who have experience. The bias adjustment pot is either 2k or 5k depending on the schematic. What is best for an 8 wide version? I plan to bias farly low at about 100ma/ transistor pair. I have .27 ohm emitter resistors so 27 mv for 100ma. I currently have bare boards, all the semiconductors except one, which is on back order from Mouser. I have Toshiba 5200/1943 for outputs. Gathering passive parts now. I have a 2 x35v 800w transformer and some heatsinks to use in a fan cooled setup. Chassis is a work in progress. 12kuf 63v caps for the boards and I will probably do rectification and one stage of caps off board to keep the large line related currents away from the amp PCB. Where can you get the UPC 1273 or the NTE substitute? A source in Canada would be good.
Thank You
Brian

The capacitors are new, so they show a lower value, tolerance + -20%. After molding, I think they will be fine. In fact, I haven’t even seen many original ones (there are some in the storage room) that have accurate indicators. Nichikon KG new ones were 6200-6300 microfarads, after working for 1 month in The amplifier became 6850 microfarads. But the Sprague 67000 became 75000 after a week. You probably meant the 1237 microcircuit?

Currently, you can’t buy real original parts from us. And what is an original? Almost nothing is produced in Japan, it’s expensive. There is no sales. 95% of production has been moved to China, where we have to buy. But China is normal, we need to monitor for a long time before purchasing. If the parameters are normal, then why not believe?Where can I buy 8 normal capacitors at a normal price, and not the price of the entire amplifier?

Last edited: