A DIY event in Denmark?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If time permits, and I get rid of the flue (it's about time that happens), I will try to get these hooked up for the event. Out here at countryside, it sure can't be a problem to find a tractor and a wagon to get them there ;)

Magura :)

Attachments

• PICT0884scl.JPG
    PICT0884scl.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 185
  • PICT0885scl.JPG
    PICT0885scl.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 194
Yes OK Magura - let us see your stuff and see if it's something we can use.
If somebody else have stuff they think they can spare - bring it!

It doesn't need that much organising - just a table to put it on, and then you can bring whatever you want to sell or trade, put a note on it, and then people can check it out for themselves in between workshops. Thats it!

Ok, I for one would like to narrow down, what should be brought to the "parts exchange pool".

So please chime in.

A few pointers of what I have laying around in quantity:

Heatsinks

Resistors in just about any odd value above 10R, more than the E96 row. From 0.25W to 2W.

Wire of different types, both silicone and teflon insulated.

Magnet wire of just about any diameter.

Loads of the hard to come by types of JFET's (LU1014, 2sk369....)

Rifa peh 169 electrolytics

25.8mm phase plugs

5mm impregnated glass insulation.

Huge pp in oil caps

Directional graphite for heat spreaders.

Plus loads more, so if you're in need of something, grab your parts bin, and let's see if we can swap.

The little detail about this: I need a pointer about what you're interested in from my "parts bin", as the entire load is not going to be brought to the event.

Perhaps you could also post your surplus list.

Then I'll give a talk about that. I guess it could be coupled with the talk about tooling and construction.

I'll leave the heatsinks at home under any circumstances, as there will be a spot in the schedule, that says : visit Mr. and Mrs. Magura, cause I simply can't move those new amps to the place of the event.
So anybody interested will be invited for a quick listening session.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Thanks Variac, I hope this will be a good base to start an annual tradition.

These things do tend to grow, and keep getting better. I took some of your advice, and this year at Burning Amp we are going to have 4 listening rooms, a "Hospitality Room"
ie beer and wine consumption area ;) and a 100 person room for presentations!

That's the way to go. They have done it like that in Sweden for many years, with great success I may add :)

I have though decided against my own advice (should make a few alarm bells go of), but have found a relatively big room, with good acoustics instead. This is though mainly because I sure don't expect 200+ participants.

The place where the event is held, does have several smaller rooms available, for next year that will be useful.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.