5th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2008

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
davidallancole said:
I am unsure from your wording, are you saying there are lots of jobs or not lots of jobs?
... Somebody told me that it is overcast there all the time. Is that true?

Lots of jobs...

It is overcast alot in the winter -- but it is rain instead of snow, and 6C instead of -16C. The recent world-wide weater pertebations have us enduring some unfamiliar conditions (ie more than a week with snow on the ground (but more sun in the winter than normal too), and summers that aren't 4 straight months of no rain & no clouds).

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Iain McNeill said:
I was wondering if you had a sign up sheet for those who wanted to demo gear.

Nope. We just try to listen to everything people bring... althou we are going to try to have a little less anarchy this year

Do the different rooms have different themes? (vinyl, glass, silicon?)

There is outside in the driveway which tends towards open baffles, the inside room this year will (at least for the 1st part of the day) have a self-serve EnABL comparison, and the back deck.

Any entrance fees (cash or otherwise)?

No, but there is a raffle which raises some cash to offset expenses. (prizes not yet determined)

dave

Congratulations to Planet 10

Dave, Chris, and Ruth got a nice write-up in the Sunday edition of the local newspaper (Victoria Times Colonist) this week. It was in the form of an article endorsing DIY audio, 2/3 or so of a full newspaper page, and aimed at the general reader! As well as referencing the Planet 10 website, diyAudio.com got a mention - does anyone track hits on the site by origin? It would be interesting to know if there's been an uptick.

Nice work, guys.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
blue934 said:
hi guys, i'm thinking of flying in and was wondering how much time to allow myself. is it a one or two day event? how far from the airport (international)?

blue934

I drove thru salmon arm today about 3AM :)

The event is officially the Saturady, but sufficient people arrive Fri aft, and don't leve till Sun PM that it unofficially all WE.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.