50W mosfet amplifier IRF540/IRF9540

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Apex !

can you share with me your Vu meter schematic and pcb layout? iam intrested to build and add to my quasi Nmos 350 amp.:D

thanks
vijay

Hi vijay_meyou & apexaudio
I share power LED audio power meter 10 scale for velleman kit ( R13 select Low & High power mode 0.15 W to 2000 W ) for application disply for PA amplifier.
Best regards.:D

Attachments

• manual_POWER_METER].zip
    205 KB · Views: 489
Last edited:
Pioneer A-509R use IRF540/IRF9540 and there is OP amp in input stage. Have anyone expirience with this amplifier?
Regards

Surprised me that you have interest with amplifiers of "that" level. Cheap opamp, cheap drivers and most importantly cheap output devices. It only interests businessmen for creating commercial amps. But I will tell you that imho you don't understand who these DIYers are (in this forum) and may be the audio market. They aren't after cheap stuff like that (yes, some of them are after good brand name such as sony/pioneer, whatever the sound quality).

What I don't like from that hexfet simple topology is it surely require output relay protection, but the most important thing is I don't believe they can sound good even in class-AB. With this simple approach, the best sounding topology I have found is your darlington you posted previously, but with discrete darlington. May be a little bit expensive but definitely better than those fets.

Add/Edit: Oh, for high power one (such as PA) the darlington topology is I think cheaper (e.g. triple darlington), and a lot more stable.

Last edited:
Surprised me that you have interest with amplifiers of "that" level. Cheap opamp, cheap drivers and most importantly cheap output devices. It only interests businessmen for creating commercial amps. But I will tell you that imho you don't understand who these DIYers are (in this forum) and may be the audio market. They aren't after cheap stuff like that (yes, some of them are after good brand name such as sony/pioneer, whatever the sound quality).

What I don't like from that hexfet simple topology is it surely require output relay protection, but the most important thing is I don't believe they can sound good even in class-AB. With this simple approach, the best sounding topology I have found is your darlington you posted previously, but with discrete darlington. May be a little bit expensive but definitely better than those fets.

Add/Edit: Oh, for high power one (such as PA) the darlington topology is I think cheaper (e.g. triple darlington), and a lot more stable.
I have interest for this amps only for hoby and fun, I agree that topology in my 100W Ultimate Fidelity Amp is superior in any way compareing with this Sony and Pioneer. Pioneer A70 from 80' is some different thing...

Last edited:
F50

IRF540/IRF9540 Amplifier +/-40V

Attachments

• APEX F50.jpg
    APEX F50.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 1,588
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.