50W mosfet amplifier IRF540/IRF9540

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
just wondering why "sony" schematics don't inspire you?

Simple. You didn't simulate it in the first place and let the hassle to others; even if "It's a SONY". BTW, SONY's output never impressed me. That's another reason. I failed to find a SONY hi-fi which sounded better than an average school-book amp, like, say Project 3A from ESP. Breaking the window glasses with awful low frequency enhancement isn't something too musical. :D Also sound stage plagued with loss of presence and warmth. Again, It's only me.

No offence; I encourage you try your circuit "yourself" and come back with the results which are not just numbers. :up:

All you are doing is throwing the circuits with some photos of PCBs/completed boards etc! These don't mean the circuit actually works. Also you cannot demonstrate the amps physically in front of the DIYers. SO, If you find testing the physical amp really hard work then the only way to convince us is using a simulator(just because it is easier) and showing the results that you found out for yourself. Do I make myself clear?

Start a new thread? With what? Telling that SONY doesn't impress me? Of course whenever I think it's necessary I do it. See my profile. Right now I have a class-A amp running smoothly and sounds wonderful. But won't it be ridiculous to create a new thread just to tell people that this is a great sounding amp and I am enjoying it. Even if I get too much alcohol in my blood and go insane and take oath to convince other people by creating lame threads, I will certainly come with simulation results at least. Repeat, graphs speak louder than words/pictures. Use simetrix if you find LTSpice hard! :up:

Your schematic looks great and I am sure it will work. But test it yourself and show the results(not the photos of boards), instead of telling "it's from SONY, it's great, it must be tried, can be experimental etc."!

All the best.

All you are doing is throwing the circuits with some photos of PCBs/completed boards etc! These don't mean the circuit actually works. Also you cannot demonstrate the amps physically in front of the DIYers. SO, If you find testing the physical amp really hard work then the only way to convince us is using a simulator(just because it is easier) and showing the results that you found out for yourself. Do I make myself clear?

Start a new thread? With what? Telling that SONY doesn't impress me? Of course whenever I think it's necessary I do it. See my profile. Right now I have a class-A amp running smoothly and sounds wonderful. But won't it be ridiculous to create a new thread just to tell people that this is a great sounding amp and I am enjoying it. Even if I get too much alcohol in my blood and go insane and take oath to convince other people by creating lame threads, I will certainly come with simulation results at least. Repeat, graphs speak louder than words/pictures. Use simetrix if you find LTSpice hard! :up:

Your schematic looks great and I am sure it will work. But test it yourself and show the results(not the photos of boards), instead of telling "it's from SONY, it's great, it must be tried, can be experimental etc."!

All the best.
Why U upset, if there is nothing valuable and interesting in my thread go to anather. I think that I already share to much. I have different idea from U what share with people and what not to share. I'm not selling anything.
Regards

Mile;

Don't get upset with the responses you get - like Carlos says, there are an awful lot of armchair "designers" here (which is why I decided against posting any of my designs).
I find this 50W design very interesting, as I build guitar and PA amplifiers from 50W-100W.
My own basic design uses Bart Locanthi's JBL circuit (similar to Hitachi), but with IRF520/IRF9610 (taking ilimzn's advice on matching) feeding TIP142/TIP147.
Cutting edge ? NO !
Solid and reliable for everyday use ? YES !

Mile;

Don't get upset with the responses you get - like Carlos says, there are an awful lot of armchair "designers" here (which is why I decided against posting any of my designs).
I find this 50W design very interesting, as I build guitar and PA amplifiers from 50W-100W.
My own basic design uses Bart Locanthi's JBL circuit (similar to Hitachi), but with IRF520/IRF9610 (taking ilimzn's advice on matching) feeding TIP142/TIP147.
Cutting edge ? NO !
Solid and reliable for everyday use ? YES !
I find many interesting circuits in guitar and PA amplifiers, more hi-fi than many home amps when use only output stage.
Regards

Hi apexaudio
Project for attacchments to meet for building.
Thanks for your great project and share.
Best regards.

Attachments

• P1010397.JPG
    P1010397.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 1,227
  • P1010390.JPG
    P1010390.JPG
    400.2 KB · Views: 1,162
Hello apexaudio
I meet sum high power 1000 Watt Upper and i like do it yourself to save cost.
Build next project to meet class AB+H high power and I has build sum class AB many.
Best regards.:D
You can't save cost diying pa amp, only you can easy fix it if you diy with avaible parts. I share H1200 soon, three amps work almost one year, without problems.
Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.