• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2x150W Amp module for sale

Joined 2002
Paid Member
wirewigler nice build!
Please take the extra efford and drill the top and bottom covers with as many holes as possible.
These five holes can't allow the escape of the internal heated air.
Longevity of the amp will pay your extra drill time. :)
George

Attachments

• top.JPG
    top.JPG
    645.7 KB · Views: 82
I know meters are cheesy but I had them and had to use them some where. Taking the wiring off the io board for standby switch on the front was not too bad but getting to the 12 v was to bridge the 6k resister and solder a plug after removing the on board led. That was a little bit of a hack I did not like, thank god it was a replaceable io board - I would not have done that on the main board. Speaking of io board I would gladly buy a new one if it had plugs built in for 12V and the standby switch.
Bill
PS : It sounds awesome, the open baffle speakers have a bass array of 8 - 6” woofers and it needed the extra headroom.

Attachments

• IMG_0108.jpeg
    IMG_0108.jpeg
    384 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: 1 users
Whoa! I'm finally testing the FFA003V1.
Extremely well packed as always... very dynamic, powerful good sounding amplifiers. Right now they are just playing with a SMSL SU-9 DAC directly connected with demanding small speakers (Home brew)... I'm pretty sure this will work very well as standalone amplifiers with a nice preamp. I will have to test them with my main speakers.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

Can you please tell me the required thermal conditions for the FFA002V2 - Is there an application guide?

Ideally I would mount it as a plate amplifier. Does the unit require a fan for sustained operation & is there a 12v tap on the board I can use for this? What's the current limit?

For mounting can you tell me which of the below options is feasible?

• Plate mounted to outside of cabinet. Component side inside 'hot' cabinet & behind driver (600w)
  • Plate mounted to outside of cabinet. Component side outside 'hot' cabinet. Plate side is behind driver (600w)
  • Mounted in a separate partition in cabinet. Components inside box (does this need to be vented?)
  • Mounted in a separate partition in cabinet. Components outside box (does this need to be vented?)

Also, I assume shipping to the UK is possible?

Thanks,

Hi,Kelvin

Thanks for your reaching out.
For the application, I'll attach the spec for your reference. The 26pin definition is same with Pascal 26Pin amplifier modules (Like Upro,Spro2...)

If you can build your amplifier plate as below picture to have a Fan up-side the module, it can be suitble for your inside or outside cabinet applications.

And, we do have a 12V/1A from the 26pin connector to supply the FAN.

Thanks,Eric

1688994046550.png

Attachments

• FFA002_V2_Data_Sheet-20230506.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Any subjective comparisons to Abrax transformer fed TDA8932? I see some users of both here. Thanks!
I’m conducting this experiment now. Initial impressions are that the @abraxalito MonoAmps offer a little more in micro-level detail and 3D imaging. The FFA001, however, offers 5 times as much power available, with much more gain. Both amps have a silent background when fed directly from my DAC.

If you need lots of power on tap, with lower sensitivity speakers, the FFA001 is a good choice, in my opinion. It sounds very good. I do not need lots of power, nor a lot of gain, so my preferences give the edge to the transformer input TDA8932 amp. In an active, multi-channel setup, FFA001 for bass and Richard’s MonoAmps for mid/hi would be a great combination.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Thanks for that. That would indeed be a good idea to give the LF a bit more headroom and up the overall sensitivity of the speaker system. I'm currently doing a 3 way with sealed bass and OB mid/hi. Currently from 2 channel amp but the plan is to go bi amped. May end up not need resistors on the mid and hi which would be good

I’m conducting this experiment now. Initial impressions are that the @abraxalito MonoAmps offer a little more in micro-level detail and 3D imaging. The FFA001, however, offers 5 times as much power available, with much more gain. Both amps have a silent background when fed directly from my DAC.

If you need lots of power on tap, with lower sensitivity speakers, the FFA001 is a good choice, in my opinion. It sounds very good. I do not need lots of power, nor a lot of gain, so my preferences give the edge to the transformer input TDA8932 amp. In an active, multi-channel setup, FFA001 for bass and Richard’s MonoAmps for mid/hi would be a great combination.
Actually, changing one resistor value of each channel at the I/O buffer board will lower down 6dB gain to keep the unity gain at the I/O buffer. But most of the DIYers here hate the SMD re-work soldering~;)