2SJ162/2SK1058 - fake or real?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
It could be a bipolar device die. I do not believe capacitance measurement is enough. I've seen dumb fakers who erase vertical MOSFET and bipolar case markings and print the lateral device numbers on it. No shame or intelligence.

A measurement of turn on voltage and a test on a $14 eBay meter is usually sufficient in most cases, a curve tracer is ideal, and a small test jig with a few resistors and trimmer is another option.

There are some specifics about the case markings that fakers cannot duplicate easily. I think those are further back in this thread.

Hilariously, this is actually taken from your own web history. And put there by the malware your own computer has been tainted with, presumably from visiting the stuff that is being talked about. ;) ;)

Hi 'Welcome'

It's not worth anyone's time to deconstruct your 'hilarious' contribution; please do leave it up - as a public record of your ignorance of how all this internet/web/browser stuff works.

Now, you run along and read up on it, while the grown-ups talk in peace.

Cheers,
auto

Hi,

Does it look genuine?

20190317_141043.jpg

20190317_141059.jpg

20190317_141121.jpg

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.