2SJ162/2SK1058 - fake or real?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ionomolo,
have you figured out if this was a fake then?
I'm asking because I bought a pair with exactly the same marking on it (I mean exactly) and, using the simple multimeter test in diode measurement mode, it does not measure correctly.
The funny thing is that the 2sj162 pair I bought at the same time, measures OK, but then it has different marking (no Hitachi logo on it).
Cheers.

You seem to have exactly the same transistors than me. I plan to build an amplifier with these soon. I will post the results here.

These seem to measure different from 2SK1530/2SJ201 but i don't have any good 2SK1058/2SJ162 to compare, so i'll need to build the amplifier to chech if it works. I didn't do any extensive measuring but i'm sure they aren't bjt's.

Real ones have markings "MALAYSIA" (very small font size!!) on the ejector pin marks on the front face (where the part no is printed). You can see if you look through a magnifying lens. Weight is also very less as compared to 2SC5200 biolar.

--------------------------------
ESP P101 is very good

Why not just TEST them.

Connect a 24V PSU across D and S with a suitable (10R for example) resistor in series with the Vcc lead.

Connect a pot across the same 24V and connect the wiper via a small (220R) resistor to the G.

With the pot adjusted to 0V, slowly increase Vg until the device starts to conduct.

If youve got a MOS-FET Igs will be virtually ZERO, measure for ZERO volts across the 220R resistor.

Keep increasing the pot until Ids starts to get close to the Ids(max) of the MOS-FET. Igs should still be virtually ZERO.

If Igs is ZERO (you definitely have a MOS-FET). If Ids can approach Ids(max) then the chances are that you have a genuine MOS-FET of the type that you are expecting.

Fakes come in many flavours. A remarked TRANSISTOR will reveal itself by Igs not being ZERO. A lesser device will simply FAIL under this test.

NOTE: Device will need to be attached to a heatsink during testing.

hi guys i am going abroad to africa for some considerable time and really looking forward to it but my problem is this... i have a stock of bits for Mosfet amplifers I will not be taking with me this includes some very large transformers over 2kva have 2 pairs they are extremely good quality not the usual lower quality like the "Antrim" or "ILP" more like "Avell Linberg" wrapped in doped material you know the brown stuff not use this site much is there a section where I can offer them for sale? also have a quantity of MOSFETS used but good ones old discontinued Hitachi 2SK/J 82 cannot recall full type but H-paks on sinks 32 of them plus others anyone help me here?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.