• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2nd Annual Cardas Bulk Purchase

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
geoffgarcia said:
I don't see any form of cable on the OEM list?
Do they offer bare speaker/RCA cable?
Cardas doesn't do interconnects or speaker cables.
geoffgarcia said:
Could you add some of the RCA end caps to the list if its not to late
Are you speaking of the RFI/EMI Protection Caps? Lazy Jam (who is too lazy to post except for cartoons) will thank you for asking.

jonk said:
I like to get one of those 2.2lb solder bars for a solder pot. Count me in for a pound of quad eutectic and a dozen or so RCA’s as well.
You're the first for the bar solder.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
yoke said:
Hi roddyama...I would be interested for some CCGR or CCBP bindings posts and CAB banana plugs or some CCMS R1 spades...whell oll depend on price...When we be abile to e-mail you abot prices...?...
Added to the list. If I remember, the CCMS were a bit expensive, that's why I prefer the GRS. Same material, lower price. I hope to have prices ready by the end of the week, but I'll let you know when it's time. It should be later than next week.
Ciscokid said:
Anyone ever use on of their "ground" posts?
I haven't used them yet, but here a photo.

Attachments

• cardas_posts_01.jpg
    cardas_posts_01.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 364
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Ciscokid said:
Of all the binding posts talked about. Other than the one that uses a knob, are there any others that do not take a banana plug? The Cardas site is not very clear about this.
The copper based posts do not accept banana plugs because Cardas says the copper is not strong enough to support the threads with the hole for the banana blugs. I believe the brass based post do accept banana plugs, but I will verify this.

EDIT: (4/9/04) This is incorrect. All of the copper based binding posts (except for the Patented versions) accept the standard banana plugs.

hifi said:
Im in for both connectors and binding post but would prefer to know the pricing before signing up

/Mikael
This thread is not to sign up to the bulk purchase. This thread is to let me know what Cardas parts you want pricing on. If you don't tell me what you want, it may not be included in the purchase when it happens. I will not allow anyone to sign up to anything before they know the pricing.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
I will submit the list for pricing later today (in about 8hr from this post). If it is not on the list below or requested in the next 8 hours, it will not be included in the purchase.

Here is the list as it stands currently:

Binding Posts
CCBP – S&L
CCGR – S&L
HCBP
Patented Binding Post – S&L

RCA Jacks
GRFA – L&S, Thin&Thick
CTFA

RCA Plugs
GRCM 8 (one request)

Banana Plugs
CABE (one request)
CAB (one request)
banana plugs (one request)

Spade Connectors
GRS – R&C
CCMS R1 (one request)
GRS 9 (one request)

Misc.
RCA C RFI/EMI caps
1lb Roll Solder
2lb Solder Bar (one request)

Oh yes, and lemonade (No delivery available on the lemonade);)

Peter Daniel said:
GRMO 8
GRFA S Thin 10 (you sure you'llbe able to send them to Canada?;))
GRBNC R 2
CPBPBR 8
CCBP S 4

Hey Peter, forgive me if this seems silly, but since you're probably the person whose projects everyone is most familiar with, would you mind rattling off what you're using these in? I'd hate to find I missed group buy pricing on something I will be working on in 6 months :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.