• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2nd Annual Cardas Bulk Purchase

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
leadbelly said:
Rodd, how is this going to work? Is Cardas going to offer bigger discounts if our parts list is smaller? Should we be trying to generate a consensus at this point, or just be throwing out ideas?
No, the price we get will be about as low as possible without being a dealer. The price will be the same for 12 part as for 120 parts. I will compile a list based on the interest I see in this thread. If you wish to include a particular part, you need to ask for it here in this thread. Than others will need to want that part as well. Ican't go to Cardas and ask fora discount price on 2 pieces. I will ask if we ask for 10 or 12 pieces.

I will publish the request list in this thread so everybody can make some final comments/requests. Than I'll go for pricing. Once I have that, I will set up the WIKI for unofficial orders. Instructions for obtaining pricing will be included ion the WIKI page. At that we'll go from there with the final ording instructions.

Those that purchased last year will have been through this as the process will be very similar if not the same.

Rodd: do you think its feasible (and do you see cardas actually going in on this) to have the canadian part of the order shipped up here so as to avoid larger shipping fees and customs? (mainly customs for larger order)?
Or does a) cardas not want to split their order and ship it to 2 different places, b) not provide a NAFTA slip for export (this way you avoid the customs fees for the large order that would be shipped up here, not for the individual orders), or c) this isn't really an option that'll save us money?

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
elizard said:
Rodd: do you think its feasible (and do you see cardas actually going in on this) to have the canadian part of the order shipped up here so as to avoid larger shipping fees and customs? (mainly customs for larger order)?
Or does a) cardas not want to split their order and ship it to 2 different places, b) not provide a NAFTA slip for export (this way you avoid the customs fees for the large order that would be shipped up here, not for the individual orders), or c) this isn't really an option that'll save us money?
Nope, everything goes through me. I get the bulk shipment and send all orders out individually. I'll cover shipping in the WIKI, but Canada is a piece of cake, done it many, many times.

i just saw this thread. you can count me in for some stuff.

im finishing up my pre-amp, so will need abour 12 rca's total,

i am also redoing the jacks on all my maggies, so, 8 pairs of binding posts. i dont like the idea of bare copper, so im leaning toward either the CCGR S, or even the HCBP because of cost. but if prices are good, i will get something.

im 100% for sure on the RCA"s, i was getting them anyways.

Rodd ......................here is one for you.:D :D :D

Attachments

• hsc0331l.jpg
    hsc0331l.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 622
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
So far this is roughly the “wish list” at this point.

Binding Posts
CCBP – S&L
CCGR – S&L
HCBP
Patented Binding Post – S&L

RCA Jacks
GRFA – L&S, Thin&Thick
CTFA (one request)

Banana Plugs
CABE (one request)
banana plugs (one request)

Spade Connectors
GRS – R&C

Oh yes, and lemonade

If you don’t see what you want you need to go to the Cardas Cardas page and see what’s available. The item with a single request will probably not be enough (unless you buy in quantity or convince others to join you).

In any case, get list in.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Is everyone who is interested in participating in the bulk purchase happy with this list? If not, you need to get your wish list in? I will only get pricing for items on this list and that will happen by Tuesday evening EST.

The items with a single request are questionable. Cardas and DIYCable will have to be convinced that these items are worth the trouble. That means that if they happen to be in stock, you might get it, if it's not in stock, you probably won't get it.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Anthony,
Coulomb said:
Hello Rodd, will you be posting a price list so we can cherry pick items for those of us with a limited budget?

Regards

Anthony
No, I was asked by both Cardas and DIYCable last year and again this year not to post prices.

Once I setup the WIKI, I will everyone will add their orders and you will have to email me for the prices. It's a lot of work, but that's the only way I'm allowed to pass out the pricing. I will give you the full list of pricing so you will be able to "cherry pick" in that regard.

Once I close WIKI, I will let DIYCable know the approximate order. At the same time I will start taking email orders which will be the official order.

Each order will have to be pre-paid. Unlike the board orders, there is no quantity discount. These item will be priced within a few percent of dealer price. Every part has to be paid before they will be shipped to me for distribution. I will not be able to float this purchase. Last years total was nearly $10k not including shipping costs and PayPal fees.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.