• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2nd Annual Cardas Bulk Purchase

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
I ordered several pairs of binding posts last year, and I would highly recommend paying extra for the gold plated binding posts, over the bare copper ones. On a pair of speakers that I used, the copper one are now looking quite tarnished and ugly. The gold plated rhodium ones that I used on my other speakers don't have this problem. I forget how much extra it was, but they look many times better after one year.

--
Brian

I'd like a few pairs of something, but i'm not sure what yet, but both binding posts and rca's though.
probably 2-4 pairs of CCGR L and maybe 6-10 of GRFA S Thin

As to the wiki, someone broke the old everything else page, and it looks like it keeps a history of what was there, but i have no idea how to fix it. Anyone know how to work the wiki pages to fix things up?

*update* woo, I restored the old links to the everything else page, maybe now i can add a 2nd Annual Cardas Bulk Purchase page?

*update v2* I've added a page, would roddyama or someone like to put in all the info?
http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=2nd+Annual+Cardas+Bulk+Purchase

*update v3* yeah, after reading the early posts, i see that the wiki was going to be taken care of when you knew what people wanted. *sorry for stepping on your toes* :xeye:

BrianGT said:
I ordered several pairs of binding posts last year, and I would highly recommend paying extra for the gold plated binding posts, over the bare copper ones. On a pair of speakers that I used, the copper one are now looking quite tarnished and ugly. The gold plated rhodium ones that I used on my other speakers don't have this problem. I forget how much extra it was, but they look many times better after one year.
Worth considering, but personally I've had no problems. It probably depends on the amount of salt and pollutants in the surrounding environment.

I would like to get a few extra phono jacks and a few of the plated binding posts. BTW, for anyone who is bugged by oxidation on the non-plated connectors, there is a company that produces anti-oxidation products (do a search on Caig products) that are truly exceptional (as well as truly expensive). A little goes a long way, however. They first advertised in TAA about 30 years ago. They work.

Larry Wright
Seattle area

fcel said:
Does Cardas carry XLR jack now?
I believe we couldn't buy those on the previous group buy.

I would really recommend Neutric. The new line is very nice and if bought in qty 10 or more, one of those jacks in a pic is less than CAD $3.

Attachments

• xlr.jpg
    xlr.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 597
Another binding posts from Cardas are those funny looking ones with a big knob. I was kinda dismissing them in a beginning, but after aqcuiring a sample, I'm quite impressed with them . That type of design eliminates the metal nuts (which could be beneficial), eliminates the tention from the posts, and creates shorter path through the posts to subsequent wires. They are also very easy to tighten or open (no special wrenches required anymore) as the large knob simplifies that. The knob comes in a variety of custom designs.
http://www.cardas.com/oem/index.html

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 586
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.