18TBX100 vs 2lab12

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
here are the fractional dims.(also availeble in decimal :))
tbx%20frac%20dims.jpg

Nice :yes:

Last edited:
@ post 83 cut the pannel at 90 degrees first,then cut the angle off.

personaly idd take it to the lumberjard,the have much better machines and skilz ,it might cost a bit more but it makes live so much easyer.
my cossin has a furniture facturie with great machines,huge sawtable's af all sorts and routers ect.
if you have that you can easely diy,if not bring it to the lumberjard. imo

to me 3 is some times beter then 4 load wise (often load is 6 ohm per box)
also you can reverse the bottem one and delay the front to create a cardroide effect(better for diffecult reverbent enviorments)
perfect hight for your tops over the audiance 72"

Last edited:
im not good in calculating ,with compression figures ect
but a sine wave @42 hz reach x-var @ 500 watts (no compression calculated.
since music is never a sine wave you could probably put 1000wats trough it whit no problems,i think even more.
th are known to give low excursion

So 4 cab should hit 140db with no problem with the mouth cut to 2700cm2

Last edited:
139 db @35hz@ x-var(11mm) sine wave test @63 volt(500w8ohm) (137 averidge)
142db@35hz@1000 wats per box 140 averidge
no power compression caculated
so yes :p
mouth 2500 cm2

btw your amp has to deliver more then 1000 watts clean per box to get there

Last edited:
correct
if you have the side pannels cut,take a ruler and draw al the inside pannels on it.
you can check if all pannels fit,and you can pre-dril the holes,put nails left and right of lines so pannels stay in positsion when you screw them tight.
use the brown expanding glue then you dont need to close the gaps afterwards.
you might want to put a 1 1/2 by 2" buttan on panel 12 for security so jou dont break it out when lifting it @ the handels
tbx%20handle.jpg

Last edited:
correct
if you have the side pannels cut,take a ruler and draw al the inside pannels on it.
you can check if all pannels fit,and you can pre-dril the holes,put nails left and right of lines so pannels stay in positsion when you screw them tight.
use the brown expanding glue then you dont need to close the gaps afterwards.
you might want to put a 1 1/2 by 2" buttan on panel 12 for security so jou dont break it out when lifting it @ the handels

Thanks for the info.

here is the saw plan
measurement wil follow
i made the 2 front pannels taller(mouthe becomes 2200 cm2),so you can cut off afterwards to the shape/area you like.
you can cut that after its bild.
tbx%2018zaagplan1.jpg

i changed the top corner,its simpler and the handels wil take some volume,so you end up pretty much the same.
i updated the pic post 56 so you can see the bracings 3d

Looks like you made great use of those (2) 4x8 sheets! :) 5x5's are much cheaper on this side - I'll have to calculate if it's worth buying more of those or not.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.