18TBX100 vs 2lab12

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi kornnylike,

Like jbell's HS12?

Regards,

Attachments

• top_dual flare_Post_47.jpg
    top_dual flare_Post_47.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 240
@ thawach, if you downscale the 122 the pathlenght becomes shorter,pasband wil be higher.
@ korrnylike ,i cant see how i could flare it whitout restricting the path of the horn .
but once bild like the last pic ,you can experiment all you want,
if it was me i just put a grill in the front,for poking fingers and flying beer :))

Last edited:
Hi Thawach,

The modification you suggested in Post #53 will change the horn flare sufficiently that it may, or may not behave as predicted by Hornresp. In Hornresp you specify cross-sectional areas, distances and flares between those areas. I also places the front-and rear-of the driver at specific areas (in a 4-section tapped horn at S2 and S4), as well as fixing S1 as the begining (throat) of the horn, and S5 as the end of the horn (mouth); this leaves you free to manipulate the size and location of S3 if you have more than one taper (flare) in your design. Or in other words: your simulation has to reflect what you are building.

Soho54 has explained it much better in: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/175658-tham15-compact-15-tapped-horn-21.html#post2451737

@ thawach, if you downscale the 122 the pathlenght becomes shorter,pasband wil be higher.
@ korrnylike ,i cant see how i could flare it whitout restricting the path of the horn .
but once bild like the last pic ,you can experiment all you want,
if it was me i just put a grill in the front,for poking fingers and flying beer :))

i know epa but ill try and think that not over than 22 cm to down it. yes it mean that epa compact series. it may be not deep freq like episode 1 but if the graph is good ill be ok. thanks

Hi Thawach,

The modification you suggested in Post #53 will change the horn flare sufficiently that it may, or may not behave as predicted by Hornresp. In Hornresp you specify cross-sectional areas, distances and flares between those areas. I also places the front-and rear-of the driver at specific areas (in a 4-section tapped horn at S2 and S4), as well as fixing S1 as the begining (throat) of the horn, and S5 as the end of the horn (mouth); this leaves you free to manipulate the size and location of S3 if you have more than one taper (flare) in your design. Or in other words: your simulation has to reflect what you are building.

Soho54 has explained it much better in: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/175658-tham15-compact-15-tapped-horn-21.html#post2451737

i didn't read before but i think as the same and try to design the horns have not many paths because afraid of the mistake sim. but many times i doubt about the volume and the conners. thanks oliver for the suggestion.

here is the saw plan
measurement wil follow
i made the 2 front pannels taller(mouthe becomes 2200 cm2),so you can cut off afterwards to the shape/area you like.
you can cut that after its bild.
tbx%2018zaagplan1.jpg

i changed the top corner,its simpler and the handels wil take some volume,so you end up pretty much the same.
i updated the pic post 56 so you can see the bracings 3d

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.