10F/8424 & RS225-8 FAST / WAW Ref Monitor

Well I've finally read through the whole thread and I'm eager to get started! Amazing work XRK971.

Just looking to find best sources for parts in the UK. RS225-8 are on Amazon for £80 each. The Peerless TC9FD18-0 is on Digikey for £13 so that seems like a steal, hopefully I can make up the rest of the order to avoid the £12 shipping!

For the price, the TC9 is quite good, but if you can spring it, the B80 or 10F are better.

I know they are more expensive, but if you figure you will keep the speakers for more than 10 years, it's not so bad when splitting the cost over so many years. :)
Yes, but at 8X the price I didn't read anything that made me think that was money well spent... I'm on a tight budget for my first build!

Joined 2018
Paid Member
@ Richard. The PS95 if available on Amazon from The Wall of Sound guys are worth a try. Or maybe even the RS75.
I have a collection if 3" FR if you'd like to try any of them. Some of them I could sell on if they proved suitable.

DSA90
DMA80
3FE22
3FE25
PS95
Tang Band W3-871

Last edited:
@ Richard. The PS95 if available on Amazon from The Wall of Sound guys are worth a try. Or maybe even the RS75.
I have a collection if 3" FR if you'd like to try any of them. Some of them I could sell on if they proved suitable.

DSA90
DMA80
3FE22
3FE25
PS95
Tang Band W3-871
Hi Jim, Thanks for the offer!

Ah yes I see the DA PS95-8 is on Amazon for £35, sadly only one in stock! (I bought the last 2 RD225's last night....)

Maybe I'll give them a go.

Any tips for where to go for crossover parts in the UK, without breaking the bank? I read that I can use iron core inductors. Suprised how much a coil of enammeled copper wire is when it's 'audio' grade! I could use bog standard Panasonic propylene caps too I think.

Not trying to cheap out but I have a limited budget...

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Yes I think I used some Panasonic or Kemet PP caps. Nothing boutique or audiophile.! You could also get some motor run PP caps off eBay. They are physically large.
I got my coils from a UK seller on eBay whom custom winds inductors. Think they were about £30 the pair for the 4mH.
You may find that W of S has some not new PS95 on eBay.
This is the coil guy .
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/13293109...aV1Cg3-Rh-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Yes I think I used some Panasonic or Kemet PP caps. Nothing boutique or audiophile.! You could also get some motor run PP caps off eBay. They are physically large.
I got my coils from a UK seller on eBay whom custom winds inductors. Think they were about £30 the pair for the 4mH.
You may find that W of S has some not new PS95 on eBay.
This is the coil guy .
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/13293109...aV1Cg3-Rh-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Thanks!

Re the coil guy, it appears we live in the same town!

Yes WofS does have the DA PS95-8 for about £70 a pair including the postage!

I think this is the XO for the PS95-8?

1707307155786.jpeg