10F/8424 & RS225-8 FAST / WAW Ref Monitor

I do have the TL plans in Sketchup 2017. Based on 19mm Baltic birch. I drew them for my own use. They have dado grooves cut in the sides to mate with the internal stuff so they may require modification if you don't happen to have access to a CNC router for cutting them. If you PM me I can provide a copy.

Reactions: 1 users
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Also how critical is the resistance of the 4mH inductor in the XO? The schematic says 0.45ohm,

TL version.
It’s not critical but the lower the better (more bass and higher overall sensitivity). This is where air cores won’t do as well and you may get more sensitivity with iron core. However, best sound will be from air core.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s not critical but the lower the better (more bass and higher overall sensitivity). This is where air cores won’t do as well and you may get more sensitivity with iron core. However, best sound will be from air core.
OK, so if its a toss up between higher DCR, say 1.2 ohm instead of 0.44 ohm or using an iron core to get 4mH @ 0.44 ohm, which is going to 'sound' better?

Quick question. Both drivers should be flush mounted, correct?

Coming together! Just wainting on inductors.

20240217_085338.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Quick question on the soccer cone.

Line the outside with butyl sound mat. Fill the inside with polywadding -10 to 20 grammes. 1/4" felt on inside, 2" band at driver end.

Seal so its airtight.

Fill area outside cone with polywadding too. (back of woofer and all around cone.)

If anyone has any photos of this bit, I'd appreciate it!

Is there a source for the felt?

1701047781612.png

Found a pic of a partially lined cabinet from my build - attached for your reference.

The red arrows point towards internal spaces that were not lined at this stage, but need to be lined. I used jute felt instead of egg-crate foam.

Attachments

• RS225_TL with lining_missing.jpg
    RS225_TL with lining_missing.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 61